Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of the clutch peddle click

Hi all.

Had my pedal assembly replaced around 7000 miles ago.

The click seems to be returning.

Has anyone else has this issue? I'm going to mention this to the garage that did the work.

Are there any other fixes than replacing the whole pedal box again?

Thank you

There was a post on one of the facebook groups: apply white grease somewhere I'm guessing the return spring
    Last edited by Lewish; 30-07-2018, 10:57 AM.

Comment

I had a new pedal box and then a new spring when I had my Siggy.

That seemed to fix it

Comment

Clicky clutch cure ?

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
        There was a post on one of the facebook groups: apply white grease somewhere I'm guessing the return spring
        Had mine regreased last year at service after complaining about the click. Seems like they used a brown likely general purpose grease at the spring on the pedal leg. Click returned before this years service, but I’d grown to ignore it. Still niggled me though. I bought a tin of White Lithium spray grease, and tried both sides of the curled spring, with little success. So I went a little further and removed the two panel retainers holding the cover under the lower dash which obscures the top of the pedal assembly to get a better look. I was able to see where the actuating rod from the pedal goes in to the hydraulic cylinder for the clutch, and decided to lubricate there too. Seems to solve the problem immediately, with a lighter and smoother clutch action too. It’s not a permanent solution though, as it’s probably only 3 or 4 months since the initial application until the click returned. But at least this time I was able to spray in the direction of this area without disassembling anything, using a torch and sliding the seat right back gave reasonable access, and just used the thin straw supplied when spraying the grease. I have to say, the clutch action seems so much more accurate, no variation in bitting point and has removed the very occasional juddery engine jerking start ( ? variation in biting point/ sudden take up due to sticking/click @ pedal ) it’ll be interesting to see if this second application lasts any longer, or remains a quarterly minor maintenance task, as it has transformed the car for me.

Comment

The car Went back in today for a few things. I mentioned the return of the clutch pedal clicking and he wasn't surprised. He said that its the same with all the insignias they have had there but did mention they would look it over again and apply some oil to see if that would resolve it. I get it back tomorrow so failing that I will follow your above post and see how it is. Will report back.

Thank you

Comment

Ok. So after replacing a blower motor which resolved the clicking fan issues.

Replacing power folding passenger side fixed the folding mirror issue I had.

Replacing the hand brake motor resolved the clicking on unlocking the car.

They replaced a drive shaft to stop a squeezing and a clunking in reverse. The clunking is still there any ideas?

Comment

Working...
            X