buying an insignia advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying an insignia advice

hi guys, i,m kev and i,m new to the forum, i don,t currently drive an insignia but i am looking to buy one, i,m just a little worried about the stringent new diesel laws that are being talked about, just wondered if buying the ecoflex model would be a good choice or should i get a petrol...thanks guys

diesels will be on the roads for a good long while yet ,I wouldn't concern myself
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Kev,

I have been told from a person that owns and runs his own garage, that since the new regs the pass rates have in fact not changed. The very worst that can happen is you have the particle filter remover and chemical cleaned, this can be now done for about £100 i have been told.
      I am currently changing from a petrol Astra to a diesel Insignia.

Not for everyone but a service plan with Vauxhall for 3 years is over £800, if buying from a car store ask about theirs. The MotorDepot one is under £500 for 3 years, includes free for life MOT's. The services are done from the Vauxhall database and exactly the same work gets done.
      Again not for everyone, extended warranty. I paid £500 for a 2 year extension on the Astra, it needed air con compressor and fittings, gas etc. Over £1000 repair in the end, and a couple of sensors and manifold,and casings and other stuff (the fan stayed on all the time), they just replaced the lot at over £300. So i more than got my money worth.
      My point is i don't think it matters petrol or diesel as long as you look after it, old saying "you get out of something what you put in" . Think the same for cars, Astra was first car i did all this on and have had over 3 1/2 years free motoring.

Sure il be put right, but doesnt the eco just mean stop/start?

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Hi Kev, welcome to the forum. Diesels will be around for years yet. I had a 2.0 td ecoflex and was averaging well over 60mpg. Wouldn't recommend it if you are in a city though and do a lot of town driving as the ecoflex is very high geared (tick-over in 4th gear will put you over the 30mph speed limit) and to use 6th effectively you need to be doing over 60mph. At slower speed you are changing gears a lot. That being said I liked the ecoflex but most of my miles were on open roads
        sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Diesels will be around for a while but still a case of buying the right fuel for the driving you’re doing. I had a diesel but I wasn’t doing enough longer journeys and ended up with issues such as the dpf getting clogged up.

Comment

A few years ago I had the 2.0 CDTI (160) insignia A. I loved that car but I was only doing 10miles a day at about 30-40mph which ment that every few weeks I had to run the car at high speeds to clean the DPF.

Last week I purchased the new insignia grand sport I opted the the 1.5t petrol (165) purely due to the lack of miles I do, I wouldn’t benefit from a disel

How many miles will you cover and what kind of roads?

George

Comment

Hi Kev....and welcome to the forum buddy.
              I bought my EcoFlex Insignia in February after having vectra B's and Vectra C's.
              This is the first diesel I've had in 20 of years. I regret no getting it sooner.
              The consumption is superb and the plus point for me is, it's tax free.

You won't regret getting it matey.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                Hi Kev....and welcome to the forum buddy.
                I bought my EcoFlex Insignia in February after having vectra B's and Vectra C's.
                This is the first diesel I've had in 20 of years. I regret no getting it sooner.
                The consumption is superb and the plus point for me is, it's tax free.

You won't regret getting it matey.
                cheers guys, plenty of food for thought, i won,t be doing that many miles to be honest but the petrol road tax is £225 per year, decisions decisions...thanks

Comment

Working...
                X