Hello all, new member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all, new member

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and to car forums. I have a Insignia estate 1.8 sri, 2011 model. It's got some bangs and scratches and maybe some internal problems. I'm not keyed up with cars. I can change a tire and that's about it atm. But I'm planning on keeping it for a while, and I want to get things fixed and understand Insignia's more.

Anyone got any heads up on my car? Maybe common problems or issues to watch out for?

Thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180730_195557.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	248691Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180730_195546.jpg
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	248692Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180730_195507.jpg
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	248693Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180730_195524.jpg
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	248694
    Thanks

Vauxhall insignia estate VVT 16v SRi 5dr (10 - 12) 1.8 sri petrol, manual
    Registered 17th October 2011
    Mileage (latest checked) 68215

Welcome buddy

Comment

Hi

Nice looking car and not a bad canvas to start off from. That's a nasty scrape on your front wheel arch (all been there...had my rear bumper scraped twice on this car already). Keep us updated on your progress.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Welcome
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome .
          LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Welcome bud, you will probably find a replacement wing cheaper than mending. Plenty about in the scrappies nowadays, and you have a popular colour.

Comment

Thanks guys I always get a little smile on my face when I'm driving it.
                Yeah that scratch is bad, only got myself to blame for that one. I hate seeing it
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                  Hi

Nice looking car and not a bad canvas to start off from. That's a nasty scrape on your front wheel arch (all been there...had my rear bumper scraped twice on this car already). Keep us updated on your progress.
                  I got some damage to the bumper as well got rammed and didn't think to open the boot to check if there was more damage. Looks okay until I open it thead. I'll get some pics up.
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Red Stoat View Post
                    Welcome bud, you will probably find a replacement wing cheaper than mending. Plenty about in the scrappies nowadays, and you have a popular colour.
                    Thanks mate!!! I've been thinking about trying that approach, as I can't afford to get it repaired. Might be a good starting point to get it looking fresh again.
                    Thanks

Comment

No worries mate, there are always some available, and in the right colour too. Here is one for £35, plus a fiver p&p if you aren't near Preston.

They are bolt on, so a doddle to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Stoat View Post
                        No worries mate, there are always some available, and in the right colour too. Here is one for £35, plus a fiver p&p if you aren't near Preston.

They are bolt on, so a doddle to fit.
                        Awesome! That's nearly perfect.
                        The front bumper part of the damage is mainly very deep scratched, but the passenger side front panel is actually bent a bit and the side indicator protective housing is broken. I'll need to learn more about sanding and respraying. And I can use the old panel to practice on.
                        Thanks

Comment

See you've got the tourer as well best choice mate....

Comment

imo

Comment

Insignia 2009
                              Hello I got the 2009 diesel engine and I have a problem with the turn signals, front left and rear right do not work, I checked everything was ok. Do you have any idea what it is?

Comment

Working...
                              X