Car issues or driver issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Howy View Post
    Mirror tilt can be switched off in vehicle settings,i'll check my air bag light for passenger,might go off when seat is occupied.
    Another sorted, switched off in settings.
    Last edited by MattG; 02-08-2018, 05:58 PM. Reason: typo

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by leearnold89 View Post
      1. Damn electric handbrake. No issues putting it on, but taking it off, well. Click it off dash says its on, few revs to move away and nothing.
      click button says on again, click button says on again, releases when move. Seems so hit and miss, and what happens when push switch down as opposed to pull it up....just thought is that my issue?

Pull button Up for ON and press it down for OFF ... or pull away and it'll release automatically. If you pull it up a second time I believe it holds the rear wheels even tighter?

4. DAB. Can you not set presets like on FM?

As above, find your station and then press and hold one of the shortcut buttons to store it - you can even do the same with media on a USB to shortcut to it

5. Does the from yellow/orange airbag light never go off on dash, it used to on astrsa.

One under the radio? Nope, always on
      Another sorted

Didn't have enough presets showing.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Getting there with e brake, still not convinced .

Going with the push button down and press brake.

I noticed tonight HSA is not very sensitive. The Astra came on even on smallest incline. Got used to it in heavy traffic on way home from work, rolled back so may times tonight, and people in Hull not very forgiving

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
          When pressing handbrake button down to take it off you have to press the brake pedal as well. I’ve always just done the pull away process though without any issue.
          Tried that didn't work. A quick pull away?

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
            When you press the button down, on the Speedo it should display press brake pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
              Electric handbrake, best thing since sliced bread, great for lazy twats like me
              Fairly sure I get to the biting point of the clutch, rev it slightly and the handbrake releases and you drive away. That said I’ve had it on my previous Insignia and this new one so probably 5yrs in total so I’ve got used to it. Other half isn’t a great fan

Comment

I'm not a fan at all but then when i started driving the hand brake was not just for parking on a hill it was also for back up in case of brake failure. Really cannot see any advantage but there is dis advantages such as one needs a computer to work on rear brakes, they do fail and I know of 3 people that have found there cars have rolled away while the do the weekly shop, then they don't come off and its rac/aa call to get it to release' very expensive when the stop working, never had any problem with a leaver between seats!

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                  as one needs a computer to work on rear brakes!
                  Not true
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                    I'm not a fan at all but then when i started driving the hand brake was not just for parking on a hill it was also for back up in case of brake failure. Really cannot see any advantage but there is dis advantages such as one needs a computer to work on rear brakes, they do fail and I know of 3 people that have found there cars have rolled away while the do the weekly shop, then they don't come off and its rac/aa call to get it to release' very expensive when the stop working, never had any problem with a leaver between seats!
                    Look up issues with the manual handbrake on astras failing and causing issues. Quite a lot of them including my wife’s which failed outside her parents house and fortunately only rolled two drives down into a wall and not the full 200yds into someone’s front room on a cul de sac. Vauxhall didn’t want to know although when I searched the net about it there were a lot of reports about it happening. Something to do with the discs cooling and contracting after the handbrake has been applied so the car isn’t secure.

Comment

Well i do tend to leave in gear a lot, my drive is on an incline, so dont like full weight of car always on the brakes.
                      Sorted e brake, pull button for on, foot on brake and push for off, nailed it .
                      HSA does work, just not as sensitive as Astra was, have to push brake pedal a little harder, and to be honest it does not hold car for as long as Astra did but getting used to it now

Comment

Ok picked car up today, done about 50 miles so far.

Impressions so far i love the car but wary on some things. I know im like this, spend money, not sure if done right, have i bought a lemon, will it go wrong, all the usual stuff that goes with spending a lot of money on a new car.

1. Damn electric handbrake. No issues putting it on, but taking it off, well. Click it off dash says its on, few revs to move away and nothing.
                        click button says on again, click button says on again, releases when move. Seems so hit and miss, and what happens when push switch down as opposed to pull it up....just thought is that my issue?

Also maybe linked, twice i have smelt clutch / brake smell, my drive is on an incline, but both times smell i have has issue with handbrake. And sometimes when putting brake on can hear a motor for what seems like forever. Mine runs for about 2 seconds.

2. Reversing. Can you switch off the passenger mirror tilting down when in reverse, i cant see my hedge in the dark, reverse lights so crap, same as Astra was. YES

3. Folding wing mirrors. Can operate from remote, got car set to auto, but does nothing. Do they only work on remote? I have them set to Manual as they need to be in to get into and back out of my garage but every now and then we find they have folded themselves in randomly.

4. DAB. Can you not set presets like on FM?

5. Does the from yellow/orange airbag light never go off on dash, it used to on astrsa.

6. Headlights seem really bright and high on dipped, main beam just seems to light up another few metres above normal lights.

7. not really looked much but how to get seat forward, got lumbar, tilt, height ok.

Other than the above and the fact every panel needs paint correct i love the car.

Any ideas, me or the car or both?
                        please see my additions in red.

Comment

Have you got the function where it will read out text messages to you? first time it did it it was strange with brother inlaws text and female voice.

Comment

Working...
                          X