No announcement yet.

My Insignia 2.0 Elite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In my younger days I had a Black Datsun 240KGT the only way I didn't mark it was to clean it in the late evening but would still rinse in cold water to take heat away

Comment

• First time with da polisher, I was scared of it. Dont know what I was expecting, no instructions, just orange pads, white pads, black pads with raised bumps on and will pads. Used the orange to polish and the black to apply glaze.
      Just did rear bumber and back hatch, washed, clayed, polished, pre wax cleanser, glaze then wax.

Dont look that bad in poor light, will see tomorrow, rest to get done.

Is plastic any different to metal, different pads or anything? Any tips, still rather apprehensive about doing rest.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

• What DA polisher did you get?

Comment

• Originally posted by ilunn View Post
          What DA polisher did you get?
          https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F282530194315

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

• Thanks Mattg Been thinking about getting DA polisher for some time so will keep an eye on how you get on with it. Just been looking at the Clay Mitt from products as Insignia not that bad and will most likly be ok with clay then autogleam but renault being left out most of time could do with clay then good buff being 11 years old its got to improve it.

Comment

• It’s very hard to damage the paint with a DA so don’t panic. Lots of videos on you tube so you become more confident.
              sigpic

Comment

• I'm fooked ,

Eight hours and still didn't get final coat of wax on. Not sure about DA polisher, well unit itself is good, it's me or the pads or my polish, took 2 passes out of the 6 on each section just to remove water spots. A lot more imperfections in paint than I thought also.

Front bumber let's it down, full of little stone chips.

Hard to tell fromdark photos but am pleased with it, just not sure if worth the work, it will rain soon .

Comment

• And before anyone say, I didnt get chance to do wheels or tyres .

Comment

• Finally after months of waiting some arrived , ordered three times, lost in transit twice.

Comment

• Need to replace chrome trim around gear stick gator. Yes I used a trim tool but still managed to chip it.
                      Anyone got a part number just for the trim?

Comment

• The trim is part of the gaitor,and knob,,might be an excuse to upgrade to the chunkier vx line one ,,,ebay is your man
                        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

• Hey Matt, I saw this and thought it might appeal as a possible future upgrade (harrrr!)
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190808_232614.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	243482
                          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

• k-Seal bottle gear stick-nice!!
                            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

• Originally posted by MattG View Post
                              Need to replace chrome trim around gear stick gator. Yes I used a trim tool but still managed to chip it.
                              Anyone got a part number just for the trim?
                              Why did you take it off?
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pondy81 View Post
                                Why did you take it off?
                                he dropped a penny behind it
                                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
                                X