DPF question please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPF question please

Had the DPF full keep driving message come up on my 2014 Insignia today just as my wife pulled in from shopping
    Am going on holiday tomorrow with a motorway run for a total of 300 miles guessing that will be enough to clear it
    But how do you know when the re gen is happening and does the message clear when the DPF has cleared itself
    Cheers

Originally posted by Minden69 View Post
    Had the DPF full keep driving message come up on my 2014 Insignia today just as my wife pulled in from shopping
    Presumably the message was ignored and you/your wife didn't continue driving?
    I suggest taking it out this evening for half an hour on the motorway at steady 70mph in 5th gear. No need to thrash it - in fact I fear that thrashing it could make things worse - just cruise at a steady 70mph for half an hour, or if no motorways nearby cruise at 60mph for half an hour.
    Either it'll clear the DPF or you'll soon find that the earlier aborted regen will have already put it into limp mode and will need to go to a dealer.

Signs of a regen are 'rear window demist' in top consumers menu, or higher than normal fuel consumption on the real-time mpg display (roughly doubled; idle will be 0.6gal/hr instead of 0.2gal/hr, 70mph probably 25mpg instead of 45mpg).

Comment

fit the led

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
        Presumably the message was ignored and you/your wife didn't continue driving?
        I suggest taking it out this evening for half an hour on the motorway at steady 70mph in 5th gear. No need to thrash it - in fact I fear that thrashing it could make things worse - just cruise at a steady 70mph for half an hour, or if no motorways nearby cruise at 60mph for half an hour.
        Either it'll clear the DPF or you'll soon find that the earlier aborted regen will have already put it into limp mode and will need to go to a dealer.

Signs of a regen are 'rear window demist' in top consumers menu, or higher than normal fuel consumption on the real-time mpg display (roughly doubled; idle will be 0.6gal/hr instead of 0.2gal/hr, 70mph probably 25mpg instead of 45mpg).
        Cheers took your advice and after a steady 70 mpg jaunt down the dual carriageway the message reset after about 15 miles
        Cheers

Comment

And please tell your wife it should not ignore this kind of messages. What's next, ignoring the "low oil pressure" warning and keep driving? I'm always surprised people keep ignoring this kind of messages and then blame the car of being unreliable.

Comment

Originally posted by chili View Post
            fit the led
            I've fitted the LED today if only for an easier life! why Vauxhall didn't do this in the first beats me !!

Comment

Because if you drive a diesel as it was meant to be driven, you don’ need it. I never had the message that I need to keep driving. And if I had, I would do what the car asked me to do. In the end, there is a warning that the DPF needs cleaning, but people keeps ignoring it.

Comment

Originally posted by RoVic View Post
                I've fitted the LED today if only for an easier life! why Vauxhall didn't do this in the first beats me !!
                A long time ago, many cars did have a dash light to signal a regen in progress but owners didn't know what it meant, assumed there was a fault, and kept taking their car back to the dealer. Not many people bother to RTFM.

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
                Because if you drive a diesel as it was meant to be driven, you don’ need it. I never had the message that I need to keep driving. And if I had, I would do what the car asked me to do. In the end, there is a warning that the DPF needs cleaning, but people keeps ignoring it.
                Agreed. In the time I had my Astra J Bi-Turbo CDTi, it never showed the 'keep driving' message. However, it did have a bug in the regen software which put it into limp mode and had different software put on by the dealer to prevent recurrence of the problem.

Comment

Working...
                X