Chrome door trims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome door trims

Hi is it possible to put the chrome door trims all the way round your doors my 2014 Insignia has them just at the bottom of the windows
    Can chrome trims be added to the sides and top of the door, if they can how is it done would they just clip over what is there already or is it not possible
    Cheers

They can be added from the preface.....but you need to remove all the rubbers from all around your doors and replace them with the preface ones as the chrome actually clips on to them

They can't just be added on to the facelift rubbers.

I've looked into doing it to mine, but decided against it...............at the moment

Comment

When I had my facelift, I got some aftermarket chrome trims form AliExpress. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10-4...480142579.html There are two options. One includes the door pillars but personally I think that would be to much. The cheaper option is just the top strips. They're actually pressed stainless steal so pretty thin and stick straight over the existing rubbers with the 3M tape provided. I also filled the small gap around the top edge with black tiger seal to stop water getting behind.

This is them fitted to my facelift,
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
        When I had my facelift, I got some aftermarket chrome trims form AliExpress. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10-4...480142579.html There are two options. One includes the door pillars but personally I think that would be to much. The cheaper option is just the top strips. They're actually pressed stainless steal so pretty thin and stick straight over the existing rubbers with the 3M tape provided. I also filled the small gap around the top edge with black tiger seal to stop water getting behind.

This is them fitted to my facelift,
        Cheers look good so with these there is no need to remove anything they just go straight on

Comment

Hmmmmm I'm liking them on

Comment

No. Just stick on.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

No. Just stick on.
              Cheers do they fit well nice and neat tight and snug sort of thing

Comment

They're not bad. Not factory so how aftermarket usually fit. The black tiger seal is a must to finish them off.

I was happy with how mine looked.

Comment

They're not bad. Not factory so how aftermarket usually fit. The black tiger seal is a must to finish them off.

I was happy with how mine looked.
                  Cool ok might give them a look when you say black tiger seal what is it is it like a black silicone sealant and where exactly do you mean you put it to finish off
                  Cheers

Comment

Tiger seal.....same as sikaflex.
                    Omniseal is the same stuff

Comment

As with everything stuck on with 3M tape...it doesn't sit tight on so has a narrow edge water can get behind. I filled the gaps so it looked neater.

Comment

As with everything stuck on with 3M tape...it doesn't sit tight on so has a narrow edge water can get behind. I filled the gaps so it looked neater.
                        Ok mate cheers

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                          Tiger seal.....same as sikaflex.
                          Omniseal is the same stuff
                          Cheers never actually heard of tiger seal sikaflex I am familia with it’s a bonding application used it plenty as I work in a commercial accident repair body shop lot of panels where neeed are bonded with sikaflex 👍

Comment

I used the black tiger seal because it drys a bit duller like the rubber trim as apposed to the shiny finish of black silicone.

Comment

Originally posted by Minden69 View Post
                              Cheers never actually heard of tiger seal sikaflex I am familia with it’s a bonding application used it plenty as I work in a commercial accident repair body shop lot of panels where neeed are bonded with sikaflex ��

it's sometimes called 'stickslikeshit'...
                              Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X