Gap Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gap Insurance

Need to take some this time, any experts on it?

Any good / bad experiences, companies to use / avoid?

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

I took mine out when I bought the car, it added about £2 per month to my payments.
    Can't say how good it is as I've not had to use it.
    North Manchester - Diesel 2.0 litre 2013 facelift SRI VX-LINE CDTIA - Nav 900 Intellilink - 19" Diamond Alloys

Comment

Took 3yr return to invoice gap insurance out when I bought my factory specc'ed 2011 Elite Nav with options for which I paid £23.5k. Wrote it off 2 1/2 yrs later, my insurance paid out £13k market value and tha gap paid out £10k so only lost £500. This put me in a position to buy my current factory spec Insignia which I have taken out 5yr vehicle replacement cover. Well worth it in my opinion but go with a recommended insurer. This time I'm with ALA Gap Insurance as recommended by Honest John
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

When I bought the GS I took 4 years gap for £450, like all insurance it is wasted money............unless of course you need to claim on it!
        For a little over £2 a week it's well worth the risk
        sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

I think getting gap insurance is a no brainer if your car is on finance

peace of mind if you get written off
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Minuteman View Post
            When I bought the GS I took 4 years gap for £450, like all insurance it is wasted money............unless of course you need to claim on it!
            For a little over £2 a week it's well worth the risk
            Which policy, Return to invoice or replacement car.
            Got quotes between £250 and £270 for 5 years with ALA

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
              Return to Invoice, after 4 years I would be thinking about replacing anyway, by the time it gets to 4 years old the replacement value wouldn't be as good as getting a nearly new one. I hope
              Last edited by Minuteman; 05-08-2018, 09:13 PM.
              sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Originally posted by Minuteman View Post
                Return to Invoice, after 4 years I would be thinking about replacing anyway, by the time it gets to 4 years old the replacement value wouldn't be as good as getting a nearly new one. I hope
                From what i know about these gap insurance, they are very useful in the event your car is written off, you get the missing difference from what your normal insurance has paid out. You can't say its a waste of money, in the event you do need it, you would be glad you took it out. Same with normal insurance if this wasn't compulsory, you be glad you got it when you are in a collision.

Comment

Worth taking out pal.

Comment

for an extra £2 a month its a no brainer
                    roads are getting busy and more crap drivers on the road, and as repair costs are going up cars get written off frequently instead of getting fixed, pretty much any damage to the rear quarter panels is an instant write off

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                      I went for replacement vehicle this time due to having nearly every option on my factory order car which I got at an unbelievable price on because the dealer f@@ked up big time so no point in me getting return to invoice as this wouldn't put me in the same position if I had to make a claim!!!!
                      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                        I went for replacement vehicle this time due to having nearly every option on my factory order car which I got at an unbelievable price on because the dealer f@@ked up big time so no point in me getting return to invoice as this wouldn't put me in the same position if I had to make a claim!!!!
                        Does replacement car not mean if you write of a 4 year old car they will give you the difference between insurance value and actual cost to buy another 4 year old car?

CANCEL THAT, It's to buy a brand new replacement car
                        sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Forgot to say, i took a 5 year policy that covers everything, firstly vehicle replacement. So between now and the next five years if for any reason my car is classed as a right off, or it is stolen and not recovered, total loss then my options are as follows;

1. A replacement 2 year old Insignia with similar mileage to when i bought it in the same spec, regardless of cost, so would be a similar spec'd GS Insignia if no standard Insignia available
                          2. Return to original invoice value
                          3. Make up difference and pay off finance etc.

£360 for the full 5 years, not the cheapest but it included the negative equity of £1200 that i carried over from the Astra.
                          Had negative equity cos when bought the Astra was high finance rate, £500 Diamond Brite paint protection, £500 service plan and £500 warranty, so without them extras and the high finance the Astra actually did ok.

Nothing more than piece of mind, like all insurance only worth it if need to claim, fingers crossed i wont need to.

Comment

Working...
                          X