Stop/Start issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop/Start issues

Just recently I've had no stop/start at all, it has happened before but it has always worked again I did get told last time it happen it would 99% chance be the battery but the last time it did it was 6 months ago.

So question is anybody had any other issues with there's except the battery??????

Mine never works as I've constantly got the air con blasting. Could it be you're using the air con more because it's been so hot recently?

Comment

That's was another suggestion from Vauxhall but I not had that on as it's no gas In it

Comment

mine stopped working but it was the battery i know as i replaced it

Comment

Not enough long runs. Mine didn’t work for weeks, then a long run last Saturday works a treat now battery need a good run to charge fully

Comment

Originally posted by chili View Post
            mine stopped working but it was the battery i know as i replaced it
            I'm tight as a �� arse

Comment

Mine started working after a few days of owning car, just needed some running i think, car had been stood at garage.
              Just getting used to it, yet tonight it played up, activated while moving, changind down gears approaching a roundabout. Had to stop for it to restart.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

My Stop Start managed to fail to restart the engine earlier, the LCD display on the instrument cluster went haywire and demanded I put the clutch down until it would restart. Got a couple of angry horn blows

Comment

have your battery checked, in the meantime turn stop/start off

Comment

I don't bother with stop/start and turn it off. Doesn't function if your battery charge falls below 80%, and it drains your battery anyway. Fuel savings and emissions reduction are minimal.

Comment

So the battery wasn't getting charge just due to its age looking at batteries there are £150 for Excide or Bosche
                      but found a lion brand one at £90 anyone used these batteries?

Comment

Yeah heard of them, does it carry a warranty? Most batteries do now. Have you tested the battery? My start /stop works really well, but after a week of short trips it works less and less. A good run of 30 plus miles soon sorts it out, will even work stop / start with fan and air conditioning on. Before spending are you sure you need to?
                        Originally posted by MightyWhiteyBi.T View Post
                        So the battery wasn't getting charge just due to its age looking at batteries there are £150 for Excide or Bosche
                        but found a lion brand one at £90 anyone used these batteries?

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Yea all been tested twice 30% effiencent after a week or so stood tested it after a 200 mile trip was 65% efficient and the stop/start was working but thinking about a new battery anyway.

The lion battery has a 3 year warranty

Comment

Originally posted by MightyWhiteyBi.T View Post
                            Yea all been tested twice 30% effiencent after a week or so stood tested it after a 200 mile trip was 65% efficient and the stop/start was working but thinking about a new battery anyway.

The lion battery has a 3 year warranty
                            Seems a decent price and warranty, even if 3 years 1 day its only £30 a year. Long as its from a decent dealer thats not going to vanish overnight etc.

Comment

Remember you need a start / stop AGM battery, not a standard battery

Comment

Working...
                              X