Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D P F Removed

this is just the start,wait till the flood gates are fully opened
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

im guessing mot centres will also have spot checks by mystery shoppers

so get your DPFs put back in people, the extra performance isn't worth the fine
      and if you dont do enough miles to keep the DPF in check get a petrol

most people i know that have dpf issues is because they cheap out on oil services and buy a diesel car with dpf but dont do the miles so in reality your not benefiting from the fuel economy either

Comment

I previously bought a diesel as I needed a big estate and the petrol options weren’t great unless you had some expensive thirsty sporty estate. Didn’t do the miles, had numerous dpf issues and eventually had enough and ditched it. Thankfully my new Insignia tourer with the 1.5 turbo engine is great despite one salesman at pentagon in derby telling me I was wrong for going for it and trying his hardest to get me to have a diesel.

Comment

diesels in general are more expensive than petrol, unless you do the miles you wont even break even on the extra cost of buying one
          the new turbo petrols are great, just need to pick an engine that suits your driving and budget

Comment

If a car was in a accident and the insurance inspectors found that the DPF had been removed it would invalidate the insurance, [classed as modification car not meeting the emissions it was designed for] I have been informed of that by a friend in insurance office who added they will try any means of getting out of paying on a claim, the insurance companies have also jumped on the bandwagon of upping your insurance premium for five years for a speeding ticket even though they are valid for three years on your license and off at four, they do the same with a speed awareness course also.

Comment

How do you know if the DPF has been removed or tampered with?

Is it the type of thing that is obvious if you look at the underside of the car?
              Last edited by ewanwhosearmy; 10-08-2018, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ewanwhosearmy View Post
                How do you know if the DPF has been removed or enough?

Is it the type of thing that is obvious if you look at the underside of the car?
                I believe they cut open the dpf and then weld it shut again. Looking for the weld lines should give it away.

Comment

Unfortunately it is difficult to tell
                  If i bought a car from a garage i wouldn't car too much, if the DPF was gone i would take the car back to them or take them to court
                  If it was a private seller i would say to have the car MOT'd again at a garage of my choice and if it passes i would cover the cost and buy the car. £50 for that peace of mind

Comment

Seeing smoke from the exhaust is all you need to see ! Its a pretty easy check to do.
                    If the DPF is missing it'll blow black smoke when reved.
                    I can weld and when I'm finished with my grinder you can't tell its been welded.
                    And I'm only an Amateur.
                    All these problems will go back to where the car was bought, it has to be legal on the forecourt.
                    This problem will be picked up on the MOT so the seller can't argue, unless its a very newish car with no MOT.

Comment

What Are The Changes To The MOT 2018? The Government is stepping up its efforts to reduce the environmental impact of the vehicles we drive every day – and it’s doing this by making its MOT 2018 tests even more stringent and difficult to pass. As a driver, it’s important to understand what changes are […]

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
                        diesels in general are more expensive than petrol, unless you do the miles you wont even break even on the extra cost of buying one
                        the new turbo petrols are great, just need to pick an engine that suits your driving and budget
                        Well i do on average 30 miles a day, x2 15 mile trips. The 1.6 petrol Astra was averaging 34-35 mpg, the 2.0 Insignia diesel so far is at 41.2 mpg and climbs daily. The 15 mile trip takes on average 25 mins - 1hr 25 mins depending on city traffic, accidents etc. Average for Insignia for last 14000 miles reads 42.7 mpg.
                        So i don't really know if short trips are an issue for a diesel engine regarding mpg. DPF i dont know, 250 miles only not had regen yet

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                          Well i do on average 30 miles a day, x2 15 mile trips. The 1.6 petrol Astra was averaging 34-35 mpg, the 2.0 Insignia diesel so far is at 41.2 mpg and climbs daily. The 15 mile trip takes on average 25 mins - 1hr 25 mins depending on city traffic, accidents etc. Average for Insignia for last 14000 miles reads 42.7 mpg.
                          So i don't really know if short trips are an issue for a diesel engine regarding mpg. DPF i dont know, 250 miles only not had regen yet
                          What you gain in mpg with diesel over petrol you lose with servicing and repairs over petrol.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustyone View Post
                            What you gain in mpg with diesel over petrol you lose with servicing and repairs over petrol.
                            Yes, happy i have a paid for 3 year warranty and 4 year service plan

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

If there's soot on the inside of the exhaust pipe, its been removed, you dont even have to start the car.
                              Here's the inside of mine, no soot.
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/157128...posted-public/

Comment

Working...
                              X