D P F Removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ewanwhosearmy View Post
    How do you know if the DPF has been removed or tampered with?

Is it the type of thing that is obvious if you look at the underside of the car?
    if its been done properly you wouldn't be able to tell by a visual inpection
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
      Unfortunately it is difficult to tell
      If i bought a car from a garage i wouldn't car too much, if the DPF was gone i would take the car back to them or take them to court
      Originally posted by mickyh7 View Post
      All these problems will go back to where the car was bought, it has to be legal on the forecourt.
      This problem will be picked up on the MOT so the seller can't argue, unless its a very newish car with no MOT.
      If bought from a dealer, they'll simply say that you must have removed it since you bought it and it'll be your word against theirs.

Mo_miah - if you fancy a trek from Northampton to Leighton Buzzard to inspect a car at a dealer for yourself, I'll PM you the details of a car (not Insignia) being sold at a respectable-looking, mid-size independent dealership who have MoT'd it but, having test-driven the car, I strongly suspect the DPF is missing.

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
        Well i do on average 30 miles a day, x2 15 mile trips. The 1.6 petrol Astra was averaging 34-35 mpg, the 2.0 Insignia diesel so far is at 41.2 mpg and climbs daily. The 15 mile trip takes on average 25 mins - 1hr 25 mins depending on city traffic, accidents etc. Average for Insignia for last 14000 miles reads 42.7 mpg.
        So i don't really know if short trips are an issue for a diesel engine regarding mpg. DPF i dont know, 250 miles only not had regen yet
        How accurate are the trip computers?
        Also bear in mind the recent warm dry weather has helped cars achieve good mpg figures whereas the cold wet winter badly knocked down mpg figures. Even my dirty 2.8ltr petrol Insignia is showing low-40s mpg this summer and my 1ltr Viva is showing low-70s mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
          How accurate are the trip computers?
          Also bear in mind the recent warm dry weather has helped cars achieve good mpg figures whereas the cold wet winter badly knocked down mpg figures. Even my dirty 2.8ltr petrol Insignia is showing low-40s mpg this summer and my 1ltr Viva is showing low-70s mpg.
          The petrol Astra never changed regardless of the weather, only ever went up slightly if on a long run . And always checked mpg with full tank vs miles etc. Not done that with Insignia yet as still riding around with fuel that it came with.

Anyways sort of hijacked this thread, a little off topic now, sorry.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

You would think,when plugged in, the ecu would tell tales of when it was 'fiddled' with.
            Data will show changes from a certain date.
            I don't know for sure, but there are clever people out there.
            One thing is for sure, the Government are now in charge of everything we do.
            You won't be able to speed in a few years time, without a letter arriving through your door.
            Just check your Google time line next time you travel any distance. The proof is already here.
            They know everything about your driving habits !

Comment

You would think,when plugged in, the ecu would tell tales of when it was 'fiddled' with.
              You won't be able to speed in a few years time, without a letter arriving through your door.
              Just check your Google time line next time you travel any distance. The proof is already here.
              No pleasure in owning any car now, it will get worse, a car is a tax collector for government, don't know how they will replace the money lost from annual road tax when its all electric, I suppose by then zero emission won't mean zero road tax.

Comment

Smart Meters Mate, they will be able to tell when you are charging a car, then put a tax on that portion of electric used. They can change the Tax whenever they want.
                These Bastards encouraged everyone to go Diesel then stiched us up. The Boffins have tweaked Diesels already to be cleaner than Petrol but the Government have Electric Cars on the brain now.
                I dont know where all of the Power will come from to charge them though,probably from Coal burning Power Stations ! Most UK homes are Terraced Houses so lots of cables everwhere?
                Why do you think they want to spend money fitting these Smart meters for free.
                You don't need to be told using a Kettle or an Electric Oven is expensive,you already know that.
                Nothing is free !

Comment

Google timeline is scary, exact times, places and how, then Google send random messages to you asking you to help people find stuff out about places you have been, even links your photos to that place. Has helped me thou with times for job at work.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Smart Meters Mate, they will be able to tell when you are charging a car, then put a tax on that portion of electric used. They can change the Tax whenever they want.
                    These Bastards encouraged everyone to go Diesel then stiched us up. The Boffins have tweaked Diesels already to be cleaner than Petrol but the Government have Electric Cars on the brain now.
                    I dont know where all of the Power will come from to charge them though,probably from Coal burning Power Stations ! Most UK homes are Terraced Houses so lots of cables everwhere?
                    Why do you think they want to spend money fitting these Smart meters for free.
                    You don't need to be told using a Kettle or an Electric Oven is expensive,you already know that.
                    Nothing is free !
                    Fred Flintstone had the right idea to power cars

Comment

MattG
                      Dead right matel !

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                        Google timeline is scary, exact times, places and how, then Google send random messages to you asking you to help people find stuff out about places you have been, even links your photos to that place. Has helped me thou with times for job at work.
                        Very Scary
                        Thats why the Police got a lot better at their jobs I reckon !
                        If you take a phone any where, someone knows what your doing !

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                          If there's soot on the inside of the exhaust pipe, its been removed, you dont even have to start the car.
                          Here's the inside of mine, no soot.
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/157128...posted-public/
                          My car had a full stainless system on the car when I bought it and as far as I am aware still has the DPF intact yet my exhaust tips are very sooty. No black smoke when I pull away or anything though and has passed 2 MOTs since I got it one of which at a main dealer.

Comment

Off topic, but you can switch the settings off on your phone so it doesn't show where you are.

I got a new Android about a month ago and it's automatically set by the manufacturer.

I went onto YouTube and got a video showing how to set it to off.

Comment

Seems it’s not working via google maps on my iPhone as the settings are set to only allow gps whilst I’m in the app itself, it’s need permissions set to always use gps for timeline to work.

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
                                Seems it’s not working via google maps on my iPhone as the settings are set to only allow gps whilst I’m in the app itself, it’s need permissions set to always use gps for timeline to work.
                                It's the Google map setting that I switched mine off.
                                On my old Motorola, it showed where I was on the map and it kinda freaked me as it was a case of big brother is definitely watching you.

New phone, so I googled it. Got the video and changed the settings.
                                I keep getting the odd message asking to change it, but no chance.

My daughter has the iPhone and can't change her settings.

Comment

Working...
                                X