Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you mean bluetooth?
    Originally posted by Minuteman View Post
    Any of you GS owners had problems with the in car wifi?
    I'm off to Yorkshire for my hols so thought I would get a wifi package for the trip (£20 for the month) but neither my phone or tablet would not connect to the car.
    Called On-star who did a reset which didn't work, they got in touch with their techies who did a software update today and now it works fine!
    Never used the wifi before so wouldn't have known there was a problem.
    Have to say On-star service was great, they called me back 3 times to let me know what was happening and when they had completed the update.
    I was at work when they did the update through "the airwaves"
    Always strive to do better. If a job needs doing don't ask do it.

Comment

No he means WiFi. Grand Sports have internet (if you pay for it) and WiFi.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
        No he means WiFi. Grand Sports have internet (if you pay for it) and WiFi.
        So do most facelifts from 2015/2016, cheaper and easier to set your phone to hotspot for everyone to use. think it ends in 2020, shame really because the accident part of it is a fantastic idea.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Well it isn't most but some higher specced ones do. The GS has it as standard on all models. Yeah I just use my phone's hotspot. Silly prices for small amounts of data put me off buying g beyond the free trial. Renewed the OnStar though. Yeah I'll miss it when it ends in December 2020.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
            Well it isn't most but some higher specced ones do. The GS has it as standard on all models. Yeah I just use my phone's hotspot. Silly prices for small amounts of data put me off buying g beyond the free trial. Renewed the OnStar though. Yeah I'll miss it when it ends in December 2020.
            Have you used the onstar yet? tempted to try it, how much is it?

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Yeah I haven't contacted them much via the button but when I have, they're really helpful. I use the phone app mostly. It's great keeping an eye on your car while it's in for a service or repair. The tracker shows you where it's parked. You can lock and unlock your doors and sound the horn and flash the lights. Great for finding the car in a car park. You can also check the condition of the car. Tyre pressure, oil %, remaining fuel etc... As well as pressing the OnStar button to ask for sat nav destinations to be sent to the sat nav, you can also do this via the app too. It's great . I'll miss it when it's gone.

Comment

Oh forgot to say... it's 90 quid a year.

Comment

It's now £100 for a year for Wifi (50GB). Don't have built-in satnav, and seeing how good Waze is on Android, with regular free upgrades on your Android Phone it's well worth having IMO. Well worth mentioning than OnStar is only available on the Astra on SRI and above, it was standard on the Grand Sport until they decided to charge extra for the privilege. Just glad I got my GS before list prices jumped up over £2K across the range.

Comment

I think I’m going to have to give in and buy some data to usexwhilst over here in France. Phone signal is pants where we are so maps are ok if I get it started whilst I have a signal but I’d prefer something a bit more reliable. Also can’t use the bbc radio player app to stream radio as it just drops out. This wasn’t just where we are now but even on the motorways near main cities on the way down. Thinking the 10gb/28 days one at £20 which should do me.

Comment

Forked out for some data...not bleeding working. Account says it’s active and I can connect to the hotspot in the car but nothing loads. Tried various webpages and they either fail or go to some random up address instead that doesn’t load. Spoken to onstar who’ve checked a few bits which didn’t work so it’s been escalated.

Comment

It's a shame you can't stick a simple card in and use your own provider.

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
                          Forked out for some data...not bleeding working
                          That's what happened to me, but once they did a software up date all was good
                          sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Originally posted by Minuteman View Post
                            That's what happened to me, but once they did a software up date all was good
                            Not sure if they’ve changed anything but its started working. I’ve no phone signal though for them to call me.

Comment

Working...
                            X