Latitude and Longitude Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latitude and Longitude Help Please

Whenever I get Lat and Long from google maps it never fits into my Navi 600.
    I always have to convert from Hours Minutes and Seconds to Degrees Minutes and Seconds.
    Am I missing something on the set up ?
    To save questions later, we pass a nice place in the countryside, we get home, find it on goggle maps.
    Pin it and up comes the coordinates, they go into the Navi and bingo its easy to find again.
    Same in Spain, there are no post codes as such,so google is great for lat and long.
    Any help at all please. Thanks

As you're passing it can you not stop and then save the current location?

Also, if you're using google maps on computer, once you fin the place on the map, right click and select "what's here". A box will come up at the bottom of the screen with the coordinates. Click on the coordinates and then it will give you the coordinates in degrees, minutes, seconds
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

No, it gives them in Hours, not degrees.
      Hence my post.
      This was first done to find a field that, occasionally, clay pigeon shooting takes place.
      Thats why I found it on google and flaged it whats here.
      The Navi demands Degrees which go to 360, Hours only go to 60 obviously. So if the Lat is 68 you cannot enter that into the Navi, also Long starts with a minus sign,which you cannot enter into the Navi.
      Thanks for taking the time to anwer, but everything you have said was in my original post except stopping the car which is impossible on a 'b' road with high verges and traffic.

Comment

Please read my post again, as you can get the coordinates from google maps in degrees, minutes, seconds.
        Reading the manual on page 80 giving you the instructions, and getting the co-ordinates from google maps in Degrees, minutes, seconds why is it not working? For example coordinates for Gigg Lane stadium in Bury on google maps are:

53°34'50.6"N 2°17'40.1"W (Degrees, Minutes, Seconds). There is no minus so why can't you put this format into your nav as per the manual?

Google maps with coordinates in Degrees, Minutes, Seconds
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Thanks for your patience. I've now found out if I put my Tablet into Airoplane mode the dropped pin then shows DMS No idea why this is but it works.
          I cant get both like your picture???
          My PC at work is a CAD model 5k COST I was told, that also gives HMS
          But not DMS certainly not both???
          Sorry if I came across rude.
          But between us I'm sorted so thanks.

Comment

Using a pc when in Google maps and you find the pin for your location, right click and you get the drop down menu. Select "what's here"

A boc should then appear at the bottom of the screen and it will show the coordinates in Hours, Minutes, Seconds.

Click the coorodinates and the box in the left of the screen will show both sets of coordinates as in the screenshot in my earlier post. Simples

And yes, you did come across a litlle rude and I understand the frustration when you don't know how to do something when it should be simple. But at least you're sorted now

Comment

Working...
            X