Wynn's EGR cleaner and Formula Gold diesel treatment review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wynn's EGR cleaner and Formula Gold diesel treatment review

Thought I would do a real life review on these products, I'm reviewing these being used together not individually
    I got these both from Halford's

Shop the latest Wynn's Diesel EGR Valve Cleaner helps remove excess carbon deposits from the EGR valve. at Halfords UK

and

Bit of history on my car:
    Vauxhall insignia 2011 (61plate) 2.0cdti ecoflex A20DTH engine
    120k miles on the clock, all original engine components
    timing belt and water pump changed at 80k
    clutch, flywheel, oil pump pickup seal and other bottom end seals crank sump seals etc changes at 110k
    oil changed every 10-15k miles using Shell helix AG every time
    Never had DPF and EGR faults
    Fuel economy has dropped slowly over the recent years
    I used to get about 650 miles from a full tank, and now I'm getting around 500

I've never cleaned the EGR valve as one of the torx screws is rounded off and will need cutting off
    So I thought I would give these both a try and see how they do

First I disconnected the MAF from the airbox and sprayed the EGR cleaner through, it has a straw to you can spray past the MAF
    Once this was done I put parts together again then added the treatment to a full tank of diesel

Did a 250mile motorway run on Sunday, 5 adults in the car and boot full of suitcase
    Trip computer said 63.2mpg, will wait until the tank is empty to see what my real life fuel economy is and see if it has improved, I will also remove the EGR once this tank is empty to see if it has had any cleaner effect

So the tank is empty and fill up again with no additives, can't notice any difference is fuel economy, however, I got the emissions tested and its it a lot higher than usual, maybe carbon deposits getting blown out the exhaust, will try find some time to remove the egr and see if it looks any cleaner

Comment

Was there any benefit from using Wynn's gold ?

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
      So the tank is empty and fill up again with no additives, can't notice any difference is fuel economy, however, I got the emissions tested and its it a lot higher than usual, maybe carbon deposits getting blown out the exhaust, will try find some time to remove the egr and see if it looks any cleaner

Hi!
      Did you ever managed to figure out whether the EGR or Engine actually got cleaner? Any improvement in performance? Considering buying some. Mine is 4 years old and only has 25000 miles on it, but was a demo car previously, so thought of using it more as a prevention.
      Cheers!

Comment

Working...
      X