Clicking clutch pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clicking clutch pedal

Stuck in heavy traffic for an hour tonight, clutch pedal started clicking right at top of return. Less i use the clutch the less it seems to do it.
    Parked up engine off its actually 3 clicks, like something catching.
    After reading i assumed this was the dreaded clicking clutch box, but wondering if just the return spring. Feel like it is.
    Car is an absolute pain 1st to 2nd, and 2nd to 1st. Thought just me, new car etc etc, but i don't seem to be able to get it.
    Hoping Vauxhall will replace this under warranty if it is the pedal box.
    Just hope its nothing more serious.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Iirc greasing the return spring prevents it [emoji848] I may be wrong

Comment

It was the pedal box on mine mate.

Comment

Pedal box had mine done about 3 weeks ago

Comment

Did you get this done under warranty? Read up that it is a two day job at Vauxhall, is this correct?

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
            Did you get this done under warranty? Read up that it is a two day job at Vauxhall, is this correct?
            Yes mine was done under warranty not VX though from another main dealer I brought it from and yes it was about a 2 day job

Comment

I bought a 64 reg 2.0l diesel last week. 44k miles and the pedal was fine. The last day or 2 I have noticed that it has started to click or knock at the top of the travel. Reading this thread I'm going to try lubricating it, see what happens for a couple of days and return the car if there is no change.

Comment

Had the pedal box replaced twice on my previous 65 plate car.
                Both times it was done in a day. They didn't need to remove the whole dash, just some parts of it.
                The invoice said the pedal box alone without labour was £800 or so. Glad it was done under warranty.
                I did try lubricating the spring and pivots but it only lasted a short while before the clicking was back.
                Insignia B Sports Tourer elite nav, 2.0d 8 speed auto, led matrix headlights, VX line exterior pack, VX line interior pack, Black Siena perforated leather seat trim, 8 inch digital dash, heated leather front and rear seats, heated steering wheel, heated windscreen, blind spot monitoring, cross traffic alert, 20 inch alloys, reverse camera, auto park, power tailgate, Onstar with wifi hotspot and more![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                X