Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what brand for timing belt and water pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what brand for timing belt and water pump?

Hi Guys

New member just signed up today

picked up my used insignia about 3 weeks ago, liking it so far, 62 plate 2.0cdti 160bhp exlusiv

the car has just pushed 80k so i am going to be getting the timing belt and pump changed over the next few weeks

my question is what brand to go for?
    I have looked at ECP AND GSF for the parts, both of them are a bit vague on the brand. i have also called a few mechanics for prices and the tell me around £350 with them supplying parts, again, vague on what brand. found out Vauxhall do it for around £270 but i think its only the belt with no pump and they cant even tell me if tensioners are included...

thanks for the help

I used Gates and you’ll find when you do the job most of the parts that GM used are made by Gates as well

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
      I used Gates and you’ll find when you do the job most of the parts that GM used are made by Gates as well
      Hi

Thanks for the info

i visited Gates website and it doesn't have any listings at all for Vauxhall OR Opel

is there anywhere you would recommend to buy these parts?

EDIT:
      found this, not sure of the website though if it is legit or not, seems quite cheap to me?

thanks

Comment

Welcome to the Forum, definitely go for Gates.
        sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Originally posted by johnny90 View Post
          Hi

Thanks for the info

i visited Gates website and it doesn't have any listings at all for Vauxhall OR Opel

is there anywhere you would recommend to buy these parts?

EDIT:
          found this, not sure of the website though if it is legit or not, seems quite cheap to me?

thanks
          Looks ok to me, just a few pounds in it

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
            Looks ok to me, just a few pounds in it
            Ah fair enough
            GSF had a kit listed for about £150 but brand is listed as 'premium' whatever that means..

Thanks again for the help

Comment

Yup,Gates on mine complete kit,good quality.
              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

OK thanks for the help guys much appreciated !

Comment

Had a quote today for getting timing belt done with water pump £337 gates parts im on 65k is it too soon to get it done? I think it a fair price

Comment

Found it on ebay for £82.50

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Gates KP35623XS-1 Timing Belt/Water Pump Kit at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

Going to get mine done this month sometime.

Comment

Its out of stock--good price that and Gates are really good gear---Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                        Its out of stock--good price that and Gates are really good gear---Dave

£79.99 !

Comment

Working...
                        X