Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rpm jumping 2011 2.0 diesel 118kW

Hi all,

Problem: in cold start rpm are bounching and and after driving 5min it gets better but it wonīt stop. It only stops when car has been doing longer highway trips min 30-45 mins and engine has really-really warmed up. Then itīs standing still perfectly. I would say that winter weather (-10 degrees) it was maybe even tougher and car even had slight issues to keep the normal idle speed and i had to help out a bit with a touch of a gas pedal. Although it started nicely without having to stress the starter, the rpms where bounching a bit harder maybe than now in summer.

What I have done: I also addressed this issue to Opel service and their answer was quite straightforward: no errors/faults in system and therefore it can be anything (injectors, fuel pump etc), but i shouldnīt worry as this is very minor bounching. So thatīs it. It didnīt make me feel better as replacing fuel pump or injectors is expensive. So i was wondering maybe there are other things to check or try before really starting to suspect fuel pump or injectors.

Car: 2011 Insignia 2.0 diesel 118kW automatic (done about 120 000 miles), serviced properly and no other issues. Fuel consumption is okay, it starts okay etc. Just the rpm bounching...

Lot of people said its fuel pressure regulator around Ģ160 for the part and its in a very tight space I have the same problem with mine.

I have the new part but been struggling to find tools that fit in the small space around it to gain access to three torx screws.

Hopefully have a go this Thursday after work to replace it.

Comment

i'd throw some fuel additive in the tank and see if that sorts it before spending loads of money at the car trying to guess whats wrong
      is the fuel filter being changed atleast every 2yrs/40k miles?

Comment

This might also help here a link on youtube with other people with the same problem look through the comments on the videos

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...nia+rough+idle

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
          i'd throw some fuel additive in the tank and see if that sorts it before spending loads of money at the car trying to guess whats wrong
          is the fuel filter being changed atleast every 2yrs/40k miles?
          last 5 full tanks i have added a bottle of injection cleaner. That was an advice from opel repair shop (not official dealer). I havenīt noticed any changes.
          Or what additives you would suggest? Fuel filter was was changed 4 months ago in regular service.

Any other suggestions?

I have checked lots of youtube videos and mostly the problems are fuel pressure regulator or dirty egr valve.

Comment

normally i would use millers diesel power ecomax, treats many tankfuls making it great value for money
            now im using wynn formula gold, Ģ16 for one bottle treat a single tankful so bit more expensive but its improved my fuel economy noticeably and engine is running smoother

check all glow plugs with a multimeter, faulty glow plugs can make this happen as their job is to keep the cylinders hot until the engine is up to temp

Comment

Drove to home from work ~15miles on the highway and 10miles on city and then parked at home where this video is taken. Rpm seem pretty stable to me, but after pressing a gas pedal a bit it will start shaking again and takes ~30-45 seconds to stabilize again.

Video here: https://youtu.be/VA_2lt99aYY

Comment

This might help but i posted having the same problem the car then had a service soon so i brought op-com and found there was a fault with glow plug 1 so I replaced them all and so far last two days the idle has been loads more stable

Comment

How easy was it to get the glow plugs out, any tips?

Comment

Very easy to change they at top of engine turn left to undo and replace with new also this tool very helpful

Its called monoblock tap spanner set as it fits right over the glow plugs to unscrew

Comment

No picture but looking the phrase up they look like box spanner’s ?

Comment

Yea here what i used https://www.screwfix.com/p/rothenber...FUW1UQodnVoL4w

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.brickles View Post
                          Thanks for that, also these were the ones I looked up

Comment

Working...
                          X