Egr coolant leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egr coolant leak

I cleaned the egr valve today and noticed coolant on the valve and slowly dripping from the hole the valve goes into. Is this likely to need a whole new cooler or just the plastic cover changing?

Repair kit similar to this may cure it:

Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Yes that's the part I was thinking, but I can't get my head around how the coolant is coming out of the egr valve whole at the back of the cooler, I thought the black plastic part usually cracked and leaked?

Comment

There is a gasket where the EGR Valve mounts, it blanks off the coolant. It was dripping because by removing the valve the pressure to keep it sealed was lost. When you put the valve back on it will seal again. If you remove the gasket coolant will spill out very rapidly. No. 17 in the picture shows the gasket and you can see the area which blanks the coolant.
        https://img.7zap.com/oem/opel/images_big/G09/291659.png

Comment

Aaaahhhh! Got it, thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X