Headlights Abroad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlights Abroad

Anyone driven abroad in a new GS and needed to fit adaptors to the lights to stop dazzling folk whilst driving on the right?

I’m in France currently and got them fitted as needed to fetch the other half when she landed in Marseille late on one day and also some local trips on way back from meals out now we’ve got the little one with us. Checked instructions and seems all insignias with standard lights are example 2 on the instructions whilst projector lights are example 4. I’ve just got standard lights so popped them on as per instruction at about 7 o’clock on each light to the dipped bulb.

Drivers side is fine and appears to be doing what it should but passenger side still seems to be throwing some light towards the other side of the road. I think it’s due to the way the headlight is actually angled on the car rather than flat to the front so even though it’s in the right place the adapter is facing towards the other side of the road and not angling the light as it should. Not 100% sure what I can do to fix it!!

park up against a wall and adjust the sticker until the beam looks about right

Comment

Yeh it’s just that the stick on adaptors are a bit of a pain to take off making sure you get the thin sticky film off which stays pretty well stuck to the headlight!!

Comment

you should have got one with AFL
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
          Oh yeah, a flick of a lever.

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
            Have to go matrix lights on a GS and couldn’t stretch to them!!

Comment

Working...
            X