Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driveshaft and steering

Hi all.

Recently had a drive shaft replaced on my vehicle and whilst driving it today I had a weird feeling in the steering.

At first it felt "heavier" than normal but in a way I prefer this.

Secondly I noticed when at speeds of 20 mpg it would do a slight "correction" for example when just coming from a curve I could see and feel the wheel correct itself center. Is this me or is this something that the car should do?

Sorry if I don't make full sense. Just finished a 12 hour shift.

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
    Hi all.

Recently had a drive shaft replaced on my vehicle and whilst driving it today I had a weird feeling in the steering.

At first it felt "heavier" than normal but in a way I prefer this.

Secondly I noticed when at speeds of 20 mpg it would do a slight "correction" for example when just coming from a curve I could see and feel the wheel correct itself center. Is this me or is this something that the car should do?

Sorry if I don't make full sense. Just finished a 12 hour shift.
    that's how my old car felt during the build up to the driveshaft failing, get to a certain speed,and it would slightly want to turn to the left,then go over that speed and it would then run straight again.. this was the passenger side ,the short shaft. was the driveshaft you had put in,a new one or reconditioned ?
    Last edited by exclusiv.; 18-08-2018, 08:06 AM.
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      that's how my old car felt during the build up to the driveshaft failing, get to a certain speed,and it would slightly want to turn to the left,then go over that speed and it would then run straight again.. this was the passenger side ,the short shaft. was the driveshaft you had put in,a new one or reconditioned ?
      It was the passenger side that was replaced. It was a warranty job so I can only presume it was a new part. It's going back in on the 29th due to the draft shaft replacement not fixing the original issue which was clicking in reverse and squicking at low speeds.

Comment

Working...
      X