Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattG View Post
    Hahaha yes i understand that.

BUT if you have the money and time then DA a good option. Your best bet would be to pop it into a body shop or local detailer for a cheap quick fix.
    By time you have bought a DA, the polish / compound, done the job, applied wax you could have it sorted in a full decent professional detail.
    Like this idea the best so far, I'll pop it in to my local body shop tomorrow and see what they'll charge.

May even get them to correct the paint job on the door sill while i'm at it. Thanks MattG

Comment

Originally posted by Anran View Post
      Good job I know enough about cars to know you were being funny marko, someone else may have took your advise and wrecked their paintwork
      Yeah I did type paint stripper first but then decided to change it to one of the coarse sandpapers just in case.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Good ol' Brasso.
        It'll remove any off spray.

Remember and give the area you've cleaned with the Brasso a coat of polish to seal it afterwards.

Comment

£10 and ten minutes later, door pillar sorted and feeling nice and smooth again.

Guy has offered to do the rest of the car for me if I want it done for £50, might let him do it when I have a morning that I don't need the car. Certainly cheaper than buying the stuff and spending the time doing it myself.

Comment

£10 and ten minutes later, door pillar sorted and feeling nice and smooth again.

Guy has offered to do the rest of the car for me if I want it done for £50, might let him do it when I have a morning that I don't need the car. Certainly cheaper than buying the stuff and spending the time doing it myself.
            Result

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

away ya lazy cnut

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                away ya lazy cnut
                you got that right. Never have been one for doing something myself if there is someone out there I can pay to do it!!!!!

Comment

you got that right. Never have been one for doing something myself if there is someone out there I can pay to do it!!!!!
                  Hope you treat your OH better

Or maybe she likes your methods

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

The other half can look after herself. Especially as she has the better car

Comment

Good and cheap outcome!

40 grit sandpaper would have been cheaper though.
                      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                        Good and cheap outcome!

Got some Brillo pads here somewhere!
                        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                          Good and cheap outcome!

Funny enough I think that is what he used

Comment

Damn you all!!!!!!!!

After last week when it seemed I was the only person in the world who didn't clean his own car I have just spent the last 7 hours of a Saturday clay barring and polishing my car. and I've still got to wax it tomorrow

I've got to admit it does look quite nice, and it definitely feels a lot better, but having worked out the cost I definitely won't be doing it myself again. Over £200, taking in to account buying the materials and my time, more than enough to put it in to a professional detailer and let him /her do the hard work.

Wish I had let the guy who sorted out the pillar do it for the £50 he quoted me, can definitely see now what a bargain that was, but I just had to see for myself what all the fuss was about.

Comment

Damn you all!!!!!!!!

After last week when it seemed I was the only person in the world who didn't clean his own car I have just spent the last 7 hours of a Saturday clay barring and polishing my car. and I've still got to wax it tomorrow

I've got to admit it does look quite nice, and it definitely feels a lot better, but having worked out the cost I definitely won't be doing it myself again. Over £200, taking in to account buying the materials and my time, more than enough to put it in to a professional detailer and let him /her do the hard work.

Wish I had let the guy who sorted out the pillar do it for the £50 he quoted me, can definitely see now what a bargain that was, but I just had to see for myself what all the fuss was about.
                              Satisfaction is the deal

£200 you charging yourself out at £20 p/h

Yes can get expensive, my Astra cost me £500 to have Diamond Brite applied, but in 3 1/2 years i only ever washed and dried it, and the occasional speed wax, polymer stuff, like £3 from lidl and 10 minutes for whole car. Car looked better than the day i bought it .

But as said each to their own, glad you liked the outcome and fair play to you for seeing what all the fuss was about .

Comment

MattG no satisfaction just a day wasted that could have been spent with wife and kids.

Yes priced my time at my usual hourly rate if I was working, OK if I ever do it again I won't have to buy the materials, but £140 must still be enough to have a professional job done?

What it has made me realise is why I stopped cleaning my own cars when I grew up and responsibilities came along

Comment

Working...
                                X