Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I change the oil in gearbox

Hi

got 2011 sri 160 estate the gears bit hard to change in 1st and 2nd, is it easy enough to change the gearbox oil and what brand of oil is best ?

86000 on the clock

Drain plug on the bottom like the engine, then to refill, remove battery and battery tray to access fill plug, you need 1.8l of oil to refill
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I changed mine when I replaced driveshafts, it can be done without removing the battery and tray. Just move the ECU to the side - dont disconnect it - then you can get at the fill plug, mine was very tight. Clean around the plug before removing , I used a stiff paintbrush. Use a clean bit of garden hose about 3 foot long with a clean funnel at the top. It will fit in the fill hole, just stick a small screwdriver beside it to allow the air out to avoid it bubbling up the pipe. Dealer told me to put in 1.7l.

Comment

Working...
      X