Me or the car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me or the car?

Nearly 3 weeks now and gear changes from 1st to 2nd are lousy. Tried everything from low revs to high revs, fast to slow even double clutching.
    Can't change straight to 2nd or car stalls (basically pull away and change).

I have never been the smoothest gear changer, but really bad right now. Also noticed in city driving need to keep it in 1st nearly all the time, 2nd on tickover just runs away and speeds up way to much. Any tips, advice etc.

Want to blame the clicking clutch pedal but think its me.

Also how good is the HSA on the Insignia? It does work, but when stationary i have to floor the brake pedal to activate it, On the Astra only had to lightly tap brake pedal to engage it. Again may well be me, but getting ready to book car in with Vauxhall for a few warranty issues and want to bring everything to their attention without making myself look more of a **** .

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Could try changing the gearbox oil.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Hi Matt, I have no experience of hill start assist, but nice to know you have a warranty. What speed is the tick-over by the way?

Comment

My hill start only works on fairly steep hills, but I only have to touch the pedal.
        Sounds like its over fuelling if its running away in 2nd.

Comment

Working...
        X