Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opcom trouble

Hi all,

Anyone have any advice why my opcom can't communicate with the cars ecu using the hwcan protocol. The swcan works to change to the instrument cluster menu. So connection to the actual car is no issue. Just don't know why hwcan / to ecu don't work.

Thanks

It could be a hardware issue with your op-com as they are on different pins

Comment

I have one of these, I only used it to read and clear a glow plug code. I'm gonna have a play with it tonight and see if I can update the menus on my cluster. I'll let you know if I have similar issues

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
        It could be a hardware issue with your op-com as they are on different pins
        Hmm, thats not promising thought they all same just different firmware, this is on the lastest v1.91 fw.
        I should message the seller maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by morph View Post
          I have one of these, I only used it to read and clear a glow plug code. I'm gonna have a play with it tonight and see if I can update the menus on my cluster. I'll let you know if I have similar issues
          I can't even get it scan/diagnose a fault.

Comment

eBay ?

Comment

Strange. I just put the correct details in for my car and it let me scan the code. That's all I used it for I didn't dare mess around with anything else. That was about a year ago. Your welcome to give mine a go if your desperate

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
                eBay ?
                This exact one.
                Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for V1.95 OPEL Op Com VAUXHALL Car Obd2 Diagnostic Code Reader Scanner Tool OPCOM at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

Comment

Originally posted by morph View Post
                  Strange. I just put the correct details in for my car and it let me scan the code. That's all I used it for I didn't dare mess around with anything else. That was about a year ago. Your welcome to give mine a go if your desperate
                  Cheers Matt, not too desperate, car is running fine. Just a new toy wanted to test out but disappointed is not working fully.

Comment

I just tried mine and I was able to activate some options in the instrument cluster. But it didn't change the layout like I hoped it would. I was also able to do a scan of all the modules and it looked like it worked, showed my vin number and stuff, only said no connection on the modules I assume my car doesn't have. I think mines v1.7

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                      Contact the seller and get a replacement mate

Comment

Working...
                      X