Dpf problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dpf problem

Hi all hope can help I’m collecting my insignia tomoz been told few faults that I can sort but the one might need help saying dpf fault but car runs fine 53mpg every now and then will go limp mode and
    61 plate sri vx line nav

Take for a run down a motorway, keep in lowish gear and keep rev's around the 2500 mark, this will help clear your DPF If not you will have to take to a stealer and have them carry out a forced regeneration Of the DPF to clean it.
    Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Ok will try that so keep in like 5th gear how will I know if it’s regen if it don’t how much do Vauxhall’s charge
      Thanks for help

Comment

Also since new MOT laws there are companies that do this sort of stuff for about £100, google it. And i believe you can force a regen without the stealers using opcom or similar. Someone here will know

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Yeah found someone local who does a carbon clean plus forced regen £120

Comment

if your in the rac or aa they can do a forced regen

Comment

I am in Rac I’m booked in with carbon clean so see how this works he goin to do a force regen aswell

Comment

There is at least one version of 'buggy' software which controls DPF regens on the A20DT* engines, the software incorrectly calculates DPF soot load, therefore doesn't regen properly and every several months the DPF will become blocked and need a forced regen.
                (* insert one of several possible letters in place of the asterisk - in my case it was A20DTR)

The cure is to have newer software installed.

Or it could just be that your driving patterns don't suit a diesel; maybe a petrol version would be more suitable.

Comment

Lol can’t be my driving don’t collect till tomoz I’ll get it forced regen see what happens thanks all

Comment

Why buy a car with a problem? would you be better to find another petrol maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustyone View Post
                      Why buy a car with a problem? would you be better to find another petrol maybe.
                      Maybe got it really cheap! I have bought cheap cars before which have issues, sometimes a big issue to one person is just routine to another. If car just needs to regen and new driving style suits the car then problem fixed.

But do understand your point, but having been in a situation like this before sometimes a chance is worth taking. My 2.0l DT Vectra, £350 comes to mind, needed a few bits and bobs lasted me 3 1/2 years until the fuel pump went . only cost me £120 one year for MOT nothing for others.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                        Maybe got it really cheap! I have bought cheap cars before which have issues, sometimes a big issue to one person is just routine to another. If car just needs to regen and new driving style suits the car then problem fixed.

But do understand your point, but having been in a situation like this before sometimes a chance is worth taking. My 2.0l DT Vectra, £350 comes to mind, needed a few bits and bobs lasted me 3 1/2 years until the fuel pump went . only cost me £120 one year for MOT nothing for others.
                        That's the way to beat depreciation.

Comment

Working...
                        X