Powerfold mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
    Have you checked your own wiring to see if you already have the necessary wires?

MOV only needed the 1 wire to send the power across in his car.
    No I haven’t I’ll have a look over the weekend and see what’s what.

Comment

The cut plugs you received are the same as mine & I know what you mean about the mirror plug connectors being different to the pins in the mirror. My looms came of a 10 plate preface lift elite, numbers are different.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveT View Post
        The cut plugs you received are the same as mine & I know what you mean about the mirror plug connectors being different to the pins in the mirror. My looms came of a 10 plate preface lift elite, numbers are different.
        Thanks for your reply.
        Yes the plugs came on the mirrors when I bought them. The looms are supposed to have come off an 11 plate elite.
        If possible can you post the part numbers of the looms you have.
        Also are pins 7 & 8 populated in the door connector.

Just so I can go back to the seller and see what’s what I suppose worst case I can use the wiring and connections if need be to modify my looms.

Comment

I don't think the wiring position is all that critical from the looms. You should just de-pin some connections and make up your own loom and insert into the correct locations in your car.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180831_181113.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	242589Click image for larger version

Name:	20180831_180943.jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	242590
            Nothing in slots 7 & 8 of the door plugs (the one with the pink retainer clip)

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]275[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]276[/ATTACH]
              Nothing in slots 7 & 8 of the door plugs (the one with the pink retainer clip)
              As it has come from an elite the wiring is different.

You can just de-pin some connectors and insert them into the correct slots into your car and bobs your uncle.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180831_201100.jpg
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	242591

Comment

I'm no good with the diagram you posted �� for which wire goes where. I'd just strip these down and only add the neccassary one's.

Comment

Supposed to be. Looms, mirrors and switch. I'm no good with the diagram you posted �� for which wire goes where
                    If the switch is from an elite the switch might not work.

The wires will be in a different position as it has memory functions.

If you take out some wires from the plugs youll be able to make the looms yourself.

I have given you the correct pin locations for when you need to insert the wires

Comment

You did kindly post the relevant pin locations. �� but which goes to what I'm no good with that wiring diagram.

Comment

If you google it there is a guide for an astra I think. Pretty much the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                          As it has come from an elite the wiring is different.

You can just de-pin some connectors and insert them into the correct slots into your car and bobs your uncle.
                          Ahh right I see it’s beginning to make sense now.
                          I had thought the elite looms were needed and were wired correctly to just plug and play.
                          That’s where I’ve been getting confused.
                          On my last car when I retro fitted you did need the power fold looms.

Comment

Me to, so used to playing with Mondeos and on the preface lift Mondeos you just swapped the full door looms over from a facelift, added mirrors and plugged in the brown relay if the holder was there if it wasn't a few more wires were needed. Easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
                              Ahh right I see it’s beginning to make sense now.
                              I had thought the elite looms were needed and were wired correctly to just plug and play.
                              That’s where I’ve been getting confused.
                              On my last car when I retro fitted you did need the power fold looms.
                              Yeah, VX don't make it easy. Just remember you need a non memory seat switch for your car

Comment

It certainly doesnt look that way. I Will do, that part number you quoted came in at £14 plus vat from the dealership, so not bad at all. Cheers for that

Comment

Working...
                                X