Insignia whistling noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia whistling noise

Hi. Whistling noise when I move through the gears in my insignia cdti ecoflex. I need to move through gears quickly as when the car reaches a certain amount of revs it seems to lose power. It’s also been using a lot more fuel than ever before. If the turbo is the problem would I not be seeing some smoke out of exhaust.

Many thanks if anyone could help me

Welcome

I presume you have got a Diesel engine .

Could be a split intercooler pipe. Or loss of vacuum on the smaller pipes.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
      Welcome

I presume you have got a Diesel engine .

Could be a split intercooler pipe. Or loss of vacuum on the smaller pipes.
      Thanks for replying. Yes it's a diesel. Forgot to mention it's using a lot more fuel lately. Would that make any difference either?
      Thanks

Comment

Welcme,as said check intercooler and all pipe work,splits are common on hoses.
        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Hi,
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Welcome along, hope you get to the bottom of your problem.

My prediction - being an Insignia, it's most likely the sound of wind whistling through your empty wallet....

Comment

Cheers. Your right about the empty wallet

Comment

My turbo failed/broke without any smoke.

Was driving along (quite fast I must admit) and I heard this "zip" sound. Almost like if you scratch at something but really loudly. And the sound came from somewhere begind the center of the dash.

My mechanic had a look and a tiny ass nut had released from inside the turbo.

Uploaded some pics on imgur of the state of the turbo.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like Vikholm.

Tl;dr : I'd check the turbo

Edit: to change turbo at my mechanic would have cost me roughly €1800. I bought a refurbished one for €680 and paid a friend €80 to help me out on his free time. (Plus the cost of coffe and lunch :P )

Saved a bundle, but it took approx. 6 weeks all in all to do it in my parking lot without any power tools or heavy equipment a couple of hours on 1-2 days a week since we didn't know what we were doing
                Last edited by Vikholm; 30-08-2018, 04:56 PM. Reason: Forgot to add cost

Comment

welcome buddy

Comment

Working...
                  X