Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some advice.

Hi all

My car is currently going back and forth between myself and a garage.

The issues are

Clunking coming from the front suspension when in reverse. - seems to be getting worse and more frequent

Wheel squeeking when turning slightly left. Or on a left turn road.

A buzzing noise before the door unlocks. - they replaced the hand break with this and the noise stopped for like a week. It's now returned. Though they didn't realize that it needed coding so it then spent 5 days with Vauxhall.

Returning of clicking clutch pedal after a pedal box replacement.

The cars being In three times now and each time they say they can't find anything. I show them then they replace something they "think" it is. For example. The clunking they replaced the passenger side drive shaft even though I told them the noise was coming from the driver side.

It's being going back and forth for the past 3 months. It's under a warranty with the garage I purchased it from.

I'm loosing the car for like a week at the time and they have given me a curtisy car but it's not "like for like".

Am I able to request they take it to Vauxhall? Or do I have any further rights in regards to anything as I feel there taking me for a ride.

Thank you

How long have you had the car, when did the problems first start and when does the warranty run out? Have you documented all of the issues as they have occurred, and what they have done to address them? Is it the same problems recurring or new ones?
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Depends on your circumstances mate.

If you recently bought it, then you have believe it or not up to 6 months with the new 2015 regs to have a repair done, you don't have to keep putting up with constant in and out.

If you have bought it within the last 30 days or you reported faults within the first 30 days and they still ain't fixed it you could have and may still be able to reject it, but reading you post suggests 3 months have past, but if this had started within the 30 day period then you may still have a right.

As said all depends on your circumstances.

Either way you don't have to put up with this, if it's on finance get in touch with them they also have some responsibility here too.

Many people need to understand warranty is different from you legal right in the UK, if a dealer/trader try to say after say a 60 day warranty they ain't responsible that ain't entirely true, you have 6 months under the new laws and reg. Good for any buyer of a second hand car to know, the burden of proof is not on you, and its deemed any fault that appears within the 6 months is believed to have been there at point of purchase.

Get brushed up on the new laws mate, this usually prompts action from garages and trader/dealers.

Comment

Working...
      X