Vauxhall Sat Nav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vauxhall Sat Nav

Being trying it out for last few days, it's not actually that bad in my opinion. Seems to have current maps, reroutes really fast, clear and accurate voice directions. Really do like how basic instructions are fed to small screen in front of me. Tells me if delays before i get to certain bad spots, has separate lane departure warnings. Overall seems to do a pretty decent job. Its not so hot with speed cameras and speed limits but i have all that built into my RAC dash cam. Can't seem to find away to rename locations that i save into the memory, or have a list of favourites etc. Need to look up how to upload my own POI databases to the unit, assuming that is possible.

I do like Waze for the extra information it gives, and the ease at how you can enter information for other users. Have run them together and to be honest exactly the same times, directions, routes etc.

Google maps is great on satellite view, new places are so much easier to see.

Both Waze and google maps work flawlessly with OK google. Voice input on the Vauxhall system is not as accurate.

Still need to play with them all to decide on which i will use. Not that i am a big user .

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Store, then start to navigate, then you can edit the name.
    Took me ages to work that out when I first got mine.

Comment

Just used Apple maps to navigate round France and worked a dream. Upto date maps, real time updates and a combination of having where we were each night in my calendar, some stored favourites and how the iPhone starts to learn where you are regularly more often than not it flashed up the required destination when I opened maps.

Due to make google maps and waze available on CarPlay soon as well.

Comment

Working...
      X