Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBD2 code reader

Hi everyone.
    I have the "service car soon" symbol come up. The car runs well but feels like it takes a few too many turns to start so thinking it could be glow plugs( the expensive ones). The car is a 2010 Ecoflex.
    I know op-com are highly recommended but we have 3 cars in this house and only this one is a Vauxhall so I am looking far a code reader I can use on all 3. I have read that some readers do not work on Vauxhalls so can any one recommend one that does. Car is booked in on Tuesday but I would like to know what the problem is before hand as it is still under warranty( although chances are the warranty will not cover this fault).
    The only other thing which may have caused the light on is I put a diesel cleaner in and it recommended to be added to 1/2 a tank but after adding I realised i only had 1/4 a tank. The light came on the next day after adding!
    Any suggestions welcome.

You answered your own question. Purchasing OPCOM will pay for itself after the diagnosing the first fault. It's usually £60 upwards for diagnostic checks. I would recommend buying from Koicarpkeeper on the Vauxhall Owners Network forum as he will also provide support if you have any problems. Let him know your vehicle details and he' should be able to sort you out
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

if your after a cheap one this is the one i use, i have a 61 plate ecoflex stop/start 160bhp model i use this dongle with torque. i also have the expensive glow plugs

Comment

Alternatively, I have had good success with a WiFi Elm327 reader, and the OBDCarDoctor app on my iPhone. That would do more than just your Vauxhall.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions. I have ordered the Bluetooth Adaptor ELM327 and will download the App and see how we go.

Comment

Before i found out about op-com(which i still haven’t got!!) i brought a icarsoft 902 hand held code reader. Does the job well

Comment

Tried the Torque Pro App, looks like a great App but it could not find any faults stored in the ECU. Car booked in Tuesday so will find out the n what the problem is.
              Thanks for your suggestions.

Comment

It won’t let you see historic codes and it can’t read anything but the engine I think, on the other hand if you have an active dtc it can clear most of them

Comment

It was the glow plug number 2. Code cleared and wallet now empty!

Comment

Working...
                  X