Window ringing & dot matrix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window ringing & dot matrix

Hi had the rear windows tinted on the rear screen where the film goes over the heater dot matrix it doesn’t sit totally flat and leaves a white looking halo as anyone got any cures for this at all it is quite normal and was stated in Tinter’s website but just wondered if it can be got rid of

how long ago did you have it tinted?
    they use liquid to make the film lay flat and remove air bubbles, once the liquid evaporates the lines should not be that visible
    do you have photos you can post so i can compare to what i have

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
      how long ago did you have it tinted?
      they use liquid to make the film lay flat and remove air bubbles, once the liquid evaporates the lines should not be that visible
      do you have photos you can post so i can compare to what i have
      Done yesterday post me a pic of what yours looks like now if you can I’m at work at mi and don’t have the car

Comment

Originally posted by Minden69 View Post
        Done yesterday post me a pic of what yours looks like now if you can I’m at work at mi and don’t have the car
        I'm at work too. Sounds like moisture, let it evaporate and don't wind the rear windows down for a few days

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
          I'm at work too. Sounds like moisture, let it evaporate and don't wind the rear windows down for a few days
          It’s in rear screen around the little dots of heater matrix ceramics not the rear windows

Comment

I had this when I got my vectra b windows done and it never went away until I ripped them all back off the windows.

The tint place said it would take a week for it to dry out completely..... bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
              I had this when I got my vectra b windows done and it never went away until I ripped them all back off the windows.

The tint place said it would take a week for it to dry out completely..... bullshit.
              Side windows are brilliant just the rear over the little dots

Comment

this happened on my other insig,,dissaperared after a couple of days
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                  this happened on my other insig,,dissaperared after a couple of days
                  What on rear window ??

Comment

Originally posted by Minden69 View Post
                    What on rear window ??
                    Yes,around the dotted edge
                    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Getting mine tinted tomorrow so will let you know what the rear glass looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltd_Edition View Post
                        Getting mine tinted tomorrow so will let you know what the rear glass looks like.
                        What did your tints look like mate

Comment

I've got the halo around mine mine as well. He said they all do that and from looking online that does seem to generally be the case.
                          I've got a few bubbles in the rear screen but hopefully these will settle down in the next few days, otherwise will be speaking to the installer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltd_Edition View Post
                            I've got the halo around mine mine as well. He said they all do that and from looking online that does seem to generally be the case.
                            I've got a few bubbles in the rear screen but hopefully these will settle down in the next few days, otherwise will be speaking to the installer.
                            Yup researched the halo thing and is normal if the ceramic dots are proud now mine has settled down I have a halo all the way round on Thursday just after it was done the halo was patchy and looked crap but now it is continuous and a bit lighter so looks ok
                            And yes he is right the bubbles will go hada couple on another car I had tinted and they went
                            Just don’t be tempted to get rid of them yourself they will go

Comment

Working...
                            X