Timing belt change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing belt change?

Timing belt when the best time to change it in the book it say 100,000 miles or 6 years ? That seems a bit risky to me.

The “official” life of the belt may be 100k, but obviously there nothing to stop you changing it before then. I’ve always felt that about 60k was a more sensible time to start considering changing it.

Comment

Belts can last but I prefer to change it sooner the cost if it fails outweighs the cost of replacement many times.

It's a pretty easy job so not to expensive is this something you'd attempt yourself?

Comment

I’ve just changed my timing belt at 76k and to be honest the old one looked fine, no cracks nothing. I did find a very small amount of play on the tensioner and the pulley but really not a lot

Comment

No i would but if anything went wrong got no warranty, I had a quote from Vauxhall dealer full kit with water pump £365 they did tell me not too worry about it til 80k

Comment

Changed my Petrol one at 82000,was getting a bit 'shiney' on the back.
            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
            X