• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be happy with that from a petrol

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      whats economy like on the 4x4,,im on my 2nd biturbo now,but 2wd only
      According to Vauxhall's official figures from old brochures, 4wd uses 5-10% more fuel than 2wd.

Slow speeds and stop-start probably nearer 10% more but higher speeds and cruising probably nearer 5% because it takes quite a lot of energy to get the extra 4wd shafts spinning in stop-start traffic but not much energy to keep them spinning while cruising.

You'll also need to factor-in the cost of a haldex service (diff oil and filters every few years - I'd suggest 4yr/20k whichever comes soonest) otherwise the rear diff oil will turn to sludge or contain too much debris which in turn kills the diff pump which in turn causes failure of oil, pressure and lubrication to the clutch packs in the haldex which in turn causes the haldex to disintegrate and land you with a bill running well into four figures.

And of course any dash warning relating to the 4wd requires IMMEDIATE investigation; the car must not be driven other than gently to get it to a dealer because damage to the 4wd can escalate very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnhutch View Post
        Might be a daft question but is the bi turbo diesel? If yes what’s the power like? I only get 35 out of mine on an average run but it is petrol
        As mentioned above; it's a 195hp diesel. I had an Astra J with much the same engine and it gave about 50mpg from mostly out-of-town driving (about 55 on the trip computer).

The turbos are sequential rather than twin; a small variable-geometry turbo is active just above idle up to about 2500rpm and a larger fixed-geometry turbo starts spooling around 2000rpm. The two turbos work together between 2000-2500rpm after which the large turbo takes over.

The result is that there's no turbo lag at low rpms as well as not running out of puff at higher rpms. It could pull high gears at very low rpms, including respectable acceleration even from idle rpm in top gear.

With a turbo coming on-boost just above idle it also made it quite easy to wheelspin or torque-steer.

Cross-country it was a match for most front-wheel-drive hot hatches.
        The printed 0-60 time of 7.8s (Astra J) was mostly because it struggled to get the power down in 1st and to some extent 2nd. From a rolling start it felt like a car that was 1.5s quicker and its overtaking abilities were very good.

Comment

I find acceleration from 0-60 not all that good maybe down to weight but say 30-70 or between higher speeds nothing much keeps pace with it it is 4x4 aswell maybe that reason for slower 0-60

Comment

Originally posted by MightyWhiteyBi.T View Post
            I find acceleration from 0-60 not all that good maybe down to weight but say 30-70 or between higher speeds nothing much keeps pace with it it is 4x4 aswell maybe that reason for slower 0-60
            Yeah,its a big old hunk,to get moving,thick end of 2 tons of metal
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
            X