turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo

is this an issue that will cause lack of power on the 2016 insignia ?
    dont even know if this photo works on here
    The soot coming from turbo

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180901_094447[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	248738

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180901_094848[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	248739
    Attached Files

….that is probably Oil and not Soot from the gasket on the return pipe at the bottom of your picture. The Gasket is a common fault …..only costs a few pound and can be changed in 30 minutes. The Screws are a bit difficult as you need to work from the bottom of the joint , otherwise straight forward if you half handy with tools.

Comment

look just below the number 6 where the lever is coming out, it is definately exhaust soot

Comment

....i see ..very same symptoms when my Gasket went.......and exactly what i thought ......get someone to sit in the car and rev it ...........and observe carefully ........its actually small drops of oil. Once i changed Gasket .....problem gone and only cost £3 odd for the Gasket .......nothing to lose.

Comment

what ever it is and what ever it costs vauxhall will be paying under warranty, if you see my other post " after some help please " you will see whats going on. The car is only 20 months old. I just thought that it might have something to do with one issue where there is no power as you pull away and the car wont go anywhere until you keep reving the car and it will eventually pick up and be able to pull away, the car also looses power as your driving every now and then.
          I have had this car 7 weeks from network Q and had nothing but trouble with it, in fact its with them now so say having a new pedal box fitted

Comment

In wouldn’t worry about it. Let Vauxhall worry about it as its under warranty

Comment

hi ian, if you look at my other post ( named , after some help please ), you will see the problems i have getting the network Q garage where i bought the car from 7 weeks ago to even sort out the other problems i already have. A car with only 16,000 miles on the clock should not be suffering with all these issues, and if it is the network Q garage i bought it from should fix them under warranty, it still has 16 months remaining. and to say this car is safe to drive when it keeps loosing power and cutting out, we were crossing some traffic lights when the car cut out and nearly got the back of the car hit by a lorry, my 3 year old son was in the back, I am disabled with a damaged spinal chord and 5 prolapsed discs, my partner and myself had to struggle to push the car to the side of the road.

like i say this is not the only problem with this car. I traded in my new astra gtc with 4600 miles on the clock for this, i just wish i went for a different manufacturer as all i have had with vauxhall is trouble.

Comment

well, just picked up my car from vauxhalls network Q garage, They tell me that the soot/oil coming from the turbo is completely normal and there is nothing to worry about. Really ????

Comment

Working...
                X