Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPF? I'm not convinced....

Good afternoon all,

I hope one of you could kindly help with a current issue I have.

Currently driving a 2.0 insignia elite (63 plate)

A couple of months ago, the car broke down due to overheating, with the following code P2428 exhaust gas temp too high!

The AA come out and reset it and the car drove fine afterwards....apart from the small issue of exhausted smoke (white) which started to happen more often, every other day.

I took it back the garage and they said they couldn't find anything, do they done a forced regen on the dpf. The smoke continued to come in embarasing amount.

Today the car has gone in to limp mode, no codes but won't let me go above 3000rpm

Needles to say it's still smoking a few minutes each time I drive....

A friend of mine said it may need a software update, or the 'exhaust gas temp sensor' may need replacing....

I'm not very wise when it comes to cars, has anyone experienced anything similar?

Forget to add, before it went in to limp mode a message come on the dash...about a service?

Kind Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Hoot7969; 06-09-2018, 05:10 PM. Reason: Added to it

Hello,

The message about a service is actually nothing to do with a service for the car, its telling you there is a fault, a fault code will be stored.
    I have read about this somewhere on this forum before, but thought it was on older cars than that.
    Sure somebody will be along with answer shortly.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
      Hello,

The message about a service is actually nothing to do with a service for the car, its telling you there is a fault, a fault code will be stored.
      I have read about this somewhere on this forum before, but thought it was on older cars than that.
      Sure somebody will be along with answer shortly.
      Cheers mate 👍🏻

Comment

Working...
      X