Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clicking from front right when turning

Hello all.

I've got this weird issue which I've had now for a while. I've handed it back to the garage on three occasions who have replaced both the drive shaft and for some reason a water pump.

There saying they can't find a issue and just leave it till it worsens. Easy enough for them to say as they don't have to live with the thing...

Anyway I decided to do some investigation myself and after two minutes I found where the noise was coming from. Question is. What is it?

Thank you

Sounds like the outer cv joint
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
      Sounds like the outer cv joint

Thank you for that. Going to take the car back in.

Thanks again

Comment

Get them to check top suspension mount and bottom ball joint,have you tried with the car jacked up and supported to see if the noise is there?
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Get them to check top suspension mount and bottom ball joint,have you tried with the car jacked up and supported to see if the noise is there?
          They say they have done a full Check of the suspension system and were unable to find anything. They did say that they do all there checks when the vehicle is on a ramp so there's no weight on the suspension.

The thing is that it only happens after being on a drive and not when it's cold.

Comment

Let us know how you get on

Comment

Let us know how you get on
              Got the car back today and showed the mechanic the video. He thinks its the drive shaft even though they have already replaced it...

Comment

clicking on turning is usually cv joint buddy, get them to check inner cv joint too as well as bearing from gearbox to cv joint driveshaft

Comment

Working...
                X