No announcement yet.

Peddle click (clutch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I did mention the petrol springs are different either on here or on IE, the clicking is a pain and the only real cure is an auto , but glad yours has gone, good work.

Comment

I guess the question is, has anyone with a 1.8 petrol experienced the clutch pedal click, or is it just the diesels that have the issue? The only difference seems to be the return spring setup, otherwise the pedal is identical.

Comment

Not just the diesels. I had it on my 2ltr petrol turbo. Started at around 5k miles from new. Pedal box changed under warranty at 15k. Now on 28k and no issues so far
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

It may not be all petrol with the different setup, it might just be the 1.8. Would you be able to check if you have the double curly spring at the bottom of the pedal? Should be able to see it easily at the back of the pedal, if you've got it then it's the same as the diesel setup.

Comment

I fought my local dealer with this for months and armed with 23 individual cases that I gathered from various forums plus a copy of an invoice from a fellow member, they finally changed the pedal box.

They said "there was no reported cases of this issue!". Spoke the the warranty guy at the main franchise site and he said "yeah, loads of them... mostly the hatch though and never the ST". No idea but its great to hear that you guys were offered the box without too much of a fight!

After the new box was fitted, i decided that there was always 2 clicks:
            1. the actual pedal joint was noisy
            2. the spring was noisy too.

The box noise and the position the pedal was in seems to have stayed away. The spring noise came back when the cabin warms. Still there now and mega annoying when you know it is there! The dealer can never feel it as they go for a 2 mile test drive and don't know the car.

The invoice I got myself suggested £800 cost for the box btw so not going to be cheap to do yourself.

Comment

Working...
            X