Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peddle click (clutch)

Hi all.

As most of you on here I've being having issues with my clutch peddle popping when bringing it back up after changing gear. This normally begins happening after driving for a while.

The car is under Warranty and so far it's being in three times.

Originally it went back in February in which they said they couldn't find a issue.

It went back again In around march April time in which they said it was the pedal box and that it needed replacing. To my knowledge they did replace it as the noise stopped for a while. I'm unsure if it was a new Peddle box or what. It certainly felt smooth when using the peddles at the time.

Fast forward to August the popping returns. I bring it in and they say they can't find anything.

Bring it in again and they say it's a spring.

Had the car back a few days now and the popping is still there but there is now a spring noise that you can here when pushing the peddle in. This is followed by a popping when bringing the peddle back up. Looking into the spring noise is the spring that wraps around the end of the peddle if that makes sense?

Any ideas guys? Really starting to get on my nerves. Is there a permanent fix?

The company the warranty is with is not a Vauxhall garage. It's one of these car supermarkets so I guess it's look of the draw in who I get.

It is a really annoying issue I agree, I had the same when I had my Insignia.

I had a peddle box and then a new spring. That seemed to fix the issue for me

Comment

Another pedal box pal.

Comment

Originally posted by grumpano View Post
        Another pedal box pal.
        I have a feeling this is were it's heading to. It's like they have never revised the issue.

Comment

Same issue here and had a new peddle box under warranty. First started happening at 5k miles and changed at 15k. Currently on 27k and no issues
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I had mine changed on my 2015 car at 10 miles! But it was perfect then until i changed to an Insignia B at ,30000 miles.

Comment

I got same problem with peddle box it so annoying once you know it there, Went to vauxhall dealer they said i need a new peddle box contacted the company who i bought car off getting it done under there warranty booked in next week

Comment

Had the clicking clutch pedal in my previous 65 plate Insignia. It had a new pedal box at about 12k miles, then it started again about 9 months later, so had a second pedal box replacement at 20k miles. At 31k miles it was still perfect when i traded up to an Insignia B.
                Greasing the pedal spring etc will resolve it in the very short term, but the only real fix is a new pedal box. If it's still under warranty, keep pushing for it to be done.
                Insignia B Sports Tourer elite nav, 2.0d 8 speed auto, led matrix headlights, VX line exterior pack, VX line interior pack, Black Siena perforated leather seat trim, 8 inch digital dash, heated leather front and rear seats, heated steering wheel, heated windscreen, blind spot monitoring, cross traffic alert, 20 inch alloys, reverse camera, auto park, power tailgate, Onstar with wifi hotspot and more![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

def pedal box, no amount of sprays or grease will cure it, noticed the petrols have a slightly different setup with return springs, but defo pedal box am afraid

Comment

Got the car back today... Guess what?

There saying it needs a new Pedal box. Waiting on the warranty company's go ahead now. Funny though as my car had a new Peddle box 10k ago?

what's the chances of it being replaced and happening again?

Comment

I had 2 replacements. The second one was still fine when I traded in. It had lasted longer than the original and the first replaced and was still fine.
                      Insignia B Sports Tourer elite nav, 2.0d 8 speed auto, led matrix headlights, VX line exterior pack, VX line interior pack, Black Siena perforated leather seat trim, 8 inch digital dash, heated leather front and rear seats, heated steering wheel, heated windscreen, blind spot monitoring, cross traffic alert, 20 inch alloys, reverse camera, auto park, power tailgate, Onstar with wifi hotspot and more![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

NOw if you had to pay fro a pedal box and to have it fitted how much would that cost out of your own pocket ??

Comment

I would say the fact this has been an issue since the very first insignias with no revision the chances are more a case of when not if.
                          I doubt would be cheap as, as you know it's a dash out job.

Obviously now the newer model is out they ain't gona revise this issue anytime which is kinda annoying.

This was one of the reasons as well as the dmf I bought an auto this time. Plus I find the manuals rather heavy on the clutch, oh and the stall thing when you first get one.

Mate just bought his manual and has been driving longer than me with many many sports manuals yet stalled his whist I was with him just yesterday.

Obviously the pivot at the top of the pedal box is a weak point.
                          Shame access is a pig.

Comment

I've had this click at the top of the pedal travel for 4 years and it's really bugged me. I've tried all sorts of lubrication, a new return spring and nothing seemed to fix it permanently. It also seems that a new pedal box doesn't always fix it, so I didn't bite the bullet and get that done. But the past two weeks I've had no click. I too noticed the return spring is different on the petrol so got hold of one, it fits straight on to the diesel pedal as they're the same pedal. I also removed the standard spring, it can all be done from under the dash after removing the sound proofing panel. As I said, currently the click seems to be fixed. The noticeable difference is a slightly heavier pedal, but doesn't take long to get used to it, and the pedal feels much smoother in operation. I picked up a pedal with the spring used from ebay for £12.50. My feeling is that the diesel return spring setup is flawed and the spring too weak to start with, or weakens after a few thousand miles and doesn't always return the pedal smoothly.

Comment

Originally posted by 2cdti View Post
                              I've had this click at the top of the pedal travel for 4 years and it's really bugged me. I've tried all sorts of lubrication, a new return spring and nothing seemed to fix it permanently. It also seems that a new pedal box doesn't always fix it, so I didn't bite the bullet and get that done. But the past two weeks I've had no click. I too noticed the return spring is different on the petrol so got hold of one, it fits straight on to the diesel pedal as they're the same pedal. I also removed the standard spring, it can all be done from under the dash after removing the sound proofing panel. As I said, currently the click seems to be fixed. The noticeable difference is a slightly heavier pedal, but doesn't take long to get used to it, and the pedal feels much smoother in operation. I picked up a pedal with the spring used from ebay for £12.50. My feeling is that the diesel return spring setup is flawed and the spring too weak to start with, or weakens after a few thousand miles and doesn't always return the pedal smoothly.

You might be onto something.

Mine had a new pedle box. 6 months later it was back to clicking. They then replaced the spring which made a worser noise. It then went back in and they "modified the spring" as to what that means I have no idea but it resolved the clicking.

IL enquire when I go back in what they actually did.

Comment

Working...
                              X