Different rear benches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different rear benches?

I have a 2016 Sri Vxline with originally sports cloth interior. I changed to elite leather and all was good. However what I was really after was the Sri leather. I've found one, it's arrived and looks amazing.

However, one small issue...

The rear bench won't clip into place. It seems that on the original bench the distance from the outer edge of the front prongs is about 53.8cm. However on this Sri bench it is 52.9, so the prongs don't fit into the clips/holes. The interior I bought is a 2017 same shape MK1 facelift model Sri Vxline, so I don't understand why the difference. I have checked the prongs are in the right place, ie not been knocked out of shape.

Anyone any ideas? Cheers.

Something must be bent somewhere, they all fit in different variants, ie saloon, hatch and estate, they're all the same seats
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      Something must be bent somewhere, they all fit in different variants, ie saloon, hatch and estate, they're all the same seats
      Thanks, that does make the most sense. You're right, just took another look, didn't see it before, it's bent up at both ends, needs straightening...

Comment

Well, it's a very weird one. Certainly the seats look a little out of shape, when someone removed the seat they pulled on the corners so the corners don't look totally level. This is the same on both side, but I can't see how this would make the front lugs nearer together. Also, it actually looks like the seat is about a cm shorter width than the other one I have, which is about the same as the shortfall between the two lugs. The scrap dealer assures me it came out of a 2017 Insignia (just like mine albeit mine is a 2016). I have an upholstery guy who will only charge me £20 to put this leather cover on my cloth base and hope that works (if the base is the same shape!). Very very odd!

Comment

Yeah ,through my own experience changing interior,the rear bench can be a bit awkward and need a real good yank to lift out
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
          X