CD500/DVD800 Boot Logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks Vini

But i still cant get it to open the uli file off the disc or convert one of my images to use, dunno what im doing wrong !

Comment

keep trying Vini but the unpacker wont work. NAVFM001.ULI, is the only uli i can find. but no joy what format did you use to upload into the packer. sorry for the questions but starting to feel silly now

Comment

Vini

this is what i get when i try to open my file

??DVD RW Drive (D): dvd2-GM-Low_GBI+IRE v2/DNL/BIN/NAV/Common. and there is only 1 file showing NAVFM001.ULI. getting slightly annoyed now

Comment

correct Vini

i have downloaded a theme from the thread, put some on my pics in it as 'png' files. if i dont have the update cd, will my nav disc let me copy it

Comment

For what it's worth....I've had no issues with my iPhone 5 over Bluetooth for calls or music via an official cable into the USB port after I downloaded and installed one of the themes.

Comment

I'll try and remember to check in the morning. I've not spotted any issues with anything since doing it. I've got a 2010 elite nav ST with the cd500 system for reference!

Comment

Vini, on 17 December 2014 - 11:45 PM, said:
                Are you MY2010 (0/A)? I ask, as I am... If you are, you've the same setup as me so my fears are calmed

Yep...

Not had chance to check the software version as yet...will do and get back to you.

Comment

Vini, on 17 December 2014 - 08:18 PM, said:
                  Bransoj, that's good to know, one less thing for me to worry about. I assume you're still at 9.1V030? To find your version, press 'config'??and then hold 'info' for ten seconds, scroll through...

Seems to be some issues with the stalk no longer working, for phone calls etc, not sure what thats about. Not affecting everyone.

This is what I get....

Comment

FYI I used the .iso file to update the DVD800 Navi in my MY09 Insignia and worked well. A couple of points:

1) I burned the disk using the standard windows disk mage burner and dind't have to (wasn't able to) select a speed

2) The software update takes about half an hour, if you are going to do this when dirving make sure you will be doing so for at least this long as you must turned turn the radio off (hence the ignition) during the update.

Comment

Oh and for anyoine that finds this all too much hassle (burning .iso files to CD etc). I had my car serviced by VX yesterday and they said the update CD in question is "only ?5". The part code is 13324482.

Comment

yerry, on 23 December 2014 - 04:13 PM, said:
                        Yes, update CD for 500/800 you can easy buy in local VX/Opel dealer, as I did. Also you can burn it from image (different update CD for MY2009-10 /code 13343362, 17 80 492/ and for MY2011 /code 22795977, 17 80 832/ http://insignia-club...y2011-t281.html )

CD with part code is 13324482 is new for me, maybe is the same but new release.

VX said 22795977 was the 2011 update and applies to DVD800 (I specifically asked whether it would work on my MY09 Insignia) and that was his answer.

13324462 relates to the "Verson 1.0/2010", in practise when you update the system though the BUILD_DATE is just later on in 2009.

Thanks for the tip on the updated files

Comment

Things i've noticed since updating my Insignia My09 DVD800 with Update 1.0

1) The "Refuel soon" message no longer just has an "ok" option but also has a "Petrol stations" button which then selects this type of 'Point of Interest' very handy

2) The lag on switching audio sources or muting has gone, it used to take up to 5 seconds before whilst it 'thought about' my request to mute the audio

3) The crazy TMS messages have stopped. I'm talking about the ones that went off all the time telling me the same thing four times even when not navigating

4) The little car icon on the map has changed to red

5) The radio preset icons are ordered in vertical rows '1 2 3' and '4 5 6' instead of horitizontal rows '1 2', '3 4' and '5 6'

I have also downloaded the update for MY11 DVD800 but have no been brave enough to update my system with it in case it bricks it. Has anyone tried this ?

Comment

ok thanks. I was wondering if the DVD800 was exactly the same but perhaps it is a newer model with the same name.

Comment

Really want to try this on my 11 plate cd500 but bricking it. 1) in case I lose all my 14/15 map updates and 2) I am totally useless when it comes to all things computer and 3) scared in case it doesn't work and I break it. Can it be reversed easily?

Comment

Other people have posted that it doesn't actually remove the maps, but it doesn't warn you that it will so i can understand your concern. Of course if it doesn't delete the maps then you can just join the list again to get the update CD so that risk is mitigated.

On the risk of it being bricked i suppose you don't have much recourse if you use a CD image you downloaded off the internet. In that case i recommend you buy the update disk from Vauxhall themselves, it is only about ?6 and if it goes wrong then you can argue with them about it, its their responsibility if a product they sold you damages your car when properly used.

Comment

Working...
                                X