No announcement yet.

CD500/DVD800 Boot Logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. Going to have to bite the bullet, grow a pair and try this. Suppose worst case I will have the original that I can re load if I bugger it up . Not remotely sure how to unpack and repack files and such but will see how it goes.

Comment

Well i tried and failed. I only have the 1 disc (2010/20110 navteq disc) and on opening it up i can't see any of the files that look like what i would need. I also dont seem to have any of the programmes on my laptop to complete the downloads from the polish forums and have nae idea about unpacking. .

If anyone that has made this work on their 2011 cd500 and fancies sorting me a disc or usb I could upload for a fee I am happy to pay for their time / discs etc?

Comment

I must have misread or have not understood. I thought I needed to change files from my update disc unpack them and replace with files from the polish / forums.

Apologies I have read everything I am just not the most savvy with such things. Quite thick in fact some would say. Cheers for the advice though I think it may be simpler than I have been reading it.

Comment

Don't be daft mate, I appreciate any advice and your post made it a lot clearer. Think I must have missed out when it comes to all things computer and I am sure my 7 year old niece can do more with them than me.

Comment

Vini you are a superstar. I was thinking I had to use my original disc and extract stuff etc and didn't realise the download was the modified version of the gm one. I am 100% more confident now I know what programs to use and will give me a nice wee project for when the missus is watching corrie.

Thanks again

Comment

Got a few of them downloaded. Got the apofigey one onto a disc. Excitedly went out to the car, talksport on the radio ready to get the party started. Loaded the disc .....and ..... disc error and it spat back out at me .

Was a new pack of blank dvds so maybe i have done something wrong, i didnt get any options for burn speeds so could be that. Will have another play over next few evenings. I had Bluetooth added after i got the car so will do some digging see if that will cause me issues like some have although i never use the steering control for it anyway.

Comment

managed to get the carbon theme on mine, all is well. could not identify the image i need to edit to be the vx logo which displays when the unit is not in use though

cholly69

Comment

Burned the apofigey onto a cd so will have a go at it tomorrow morning. see what happens.

Comment

I've been running the "Apofigey" one for a while now and getting itchy to change it again i think. Like the Infinity one but would need to get rid of the Infinity logo i think....was it difficult to do? I work in IT so know my way around a computer but not sure how easy it is to edit the themes?

I was wondering if something like this logo was just a case of removing it from one image thats used as a default wallpaper or does it involve editing a lot of files?

Comment

Right....had a quick play and noticed that there are 5 folders starting gmge under CD500 DVD800 MY09-10 by Engine1992 - Infinity FINAL\dnl\bin\system\adit all of which contain an images uli file. I've unpacked them all and from what i can tell they seem to contain the same files. Do i need to edit files in all the folders for it to work? It seems that the infinity bit is present on an file named indicator_bar.png then two different shutdown images and two startup images so i just need to sort those for it to be "ex-infinity" i think.

Half thinking i can just use the shutdown\startup files from another theme which just leaves the indicator_bar.png file to edit for day and night.

Comment

Ok...i've updated the indicator_bar.png file for both day and night and placed a copy in each of the 5 folders in the same place. Also done the same to reinstate the bog standard Opel and Vauxhall startup\shutdown images in each of the 5 folders which only appear in the day files.

I think that just leaves me with repacking the images into a .uli file which i'm a little unsure with. Any instructions for doing that part?

Comment

Sorry for the ongoing commentary but i'm sort of hacking my way through as i raise my own questions!

As a test i deleted all the extracted files from one of the GMGE folders and then unpacked the images.uli file again and the files that it gave me included the ones i'd updated so i think i've done it correctly. I suppose all thats left is to burn the dnl folder to a CD and see what happens! Just need to go and get some blank CDs first and then burn it and then hope i dont break anything in the car! Gone through the burn and install process once before with no issues so should be ok. If it does work and it looks ok i'll try and share it for anyone else that may want it.

Comment

Ok...installed what i had and it would appear i missed a couple of "Infinity" bits such as the startup screen and the volume change screen...oops! I need to extract the images again and take a look at fixing those. Other than that i really like the look of it and both day\night seem very clean and clear. No noticeable issues as yet but will run over the weekend when i will be using the sat nav a couple of times and see how i go.

Appears the software involved however is not a CD500 to DVD800 update as i've lost 3D maps and the tours option which isnt a disaster however....unless someone knows how i can get the update and this theme.

Comment

Never thought of just replacing the images.uli file....thats basically a quicker and far easier version of what i did copying the images to each location!

So basically run the update to DVD800 hack from a CD then insert another CD with the theme on?

Comment

Cheers...will have a look at doing that. Managed to sort the start up animation files taking the normal Vauxhall ones from another theme then edited the volume screen to remove the infinity logo and changed DVB to DAB both using good old paint on my work PC. Nicked an A from the FAV image and copied and pasted it onto the DVB one. Re packed the images uli file so I'll look at using that as you suggest.

Comment

Working...
                                X