CD500/DVD800 Boot Logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vini said:

Vini, do you understand this, there are so many images on the uli files and only some are used on the nav.

Let me give you an example. There is a DAB image file but when you install it on the nav it uses the same one as the radio_primary when in DAB mode (You only notice this if you alter the dab_popup_icon so different to radio_primary), and on the uli file there are dab reception bars these don't appear on the nav.

Comment

I know exactly what you mean. I get frustrated from keeping going back and fourth car house just to get the theme right. I do mine on usb, but for you on CD must be real ass.

Comment

Vini, on 02 June 2015 - 01:05 PM, said:

Editing/changing colours etc requires some basic IT skills.

Simply downloading a file, and burning to CD, requires none - the entire process is outlined on page 7.

Hi Pondy

Definitely worth giving it a go, as Vini said follow the steps on page 7, he has made it so simple! Would recommend his version of infinity theme makes it look so much better! - thanks again Vini

Comment

steveh, on 02 June 2015 - 07:56 PM, said:

Hi Pondy

Definitely worth giving it a go, as Vini said follow the steps on page 7, he has made it so simple! Would recommend his version of infinity theme makes it look so much better! - thanks again Vini

Ok when I get some time I will read it all and give it a go. I'm one scared cos I'm not an IT whizz and 2 I'm scared I will crash my nav. Mines an 09 plate though so hopefully I won't lose the maps. Can I update using USB port or is that just for 2011 onwards?
          sigpic

Comment

steveh, on 02 June 2015 - 07:56 PM, said:

Hi Pondy

sigpic

Comment

Pondy81, on 02 June 2015 - 08:00 PM, said:

Ok when I get some time I will read it all and give it a go. I'm one scared cos I'm not an IT whizz and 2 I'm scared I will crash my nav. Mines an 09 plate though so hopefully I won't lose the maps. Can I update using USB port or is that just for 2011 onwards?

Just by the cd I believe. Mines a 60 plate and didn't lose the maps, did upgrade them to 3D though and can do the tour option (not that I know what that is haha) I have cd500navi by the way

Comment

Thanks for all the quick responses. I'm sure when I get round to attempting this there will be a few more haha
                sigpic

Comment

Vini's your CD500/DVD800 expert on here.

Comment

There are some nice themes on the CD500 but not available as a download for navi600/900 i do some conversion when i get round to it.

Comment

Vini, on 02 June 2015 - 03:32 PM, said:
                      I havent bothered to work out which do/do not appear. I was just going to edit/replace all...

The issue will come to the final burn, and I'll realise then I've missed something, edit, burn, install, notice something, edit, burn, install... <-- this is the bit thats putting me off continuing!

This is partly whats happened to me....i was to keen to check things after doing my technical MS Paint editing that i forgot to do the night theme files as well so currently i have a non infinity logo day theme but the night one has them in certain places. I've made the changes but just not got round to actually burning and installing as yet. With the longer days i'm barely using the night theme so its not bothered me but i suspect once the darker days reappear later in the year i'll bite the bullet and do it.

Comment

Vini! I go to tell you what i have done. I put the new CD500 15/16 in the radio with the dvd800 firmware and it not recognizes the disc. After that I made the downgrade the dvd800 to cd 500 and it recognizes the disc and update the maps. After that I ugrade again to the dvd800 firmware and almost everything is well, excepts that have not 3D maps and it doesn,t work without de disc, if i eject the disc it requires the disc maps. Can you tell me something abaout this? Thanks. Jose Caldeira from Portugal

Comment

Originally posted by zcaldeira View Post
                          Vini! I go to tell you what i have done.
                          Vini is not on our forum, but i shall contact him

Comment

Thanks
                            I will wait news from you
                            greetings

Comment

Hi to everyone. Can someone make me some pics or video, how to make a custom theme on dvd800 with my pics. I allready readed all the theme but didn't find the info I was search for. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X