Brake Carrier Bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Carrier Bolts

Hi all, I'm replacing front pads and discs and was wondering if you re-use the carrier bolts?

Couldn't find any info anywhere.

Also any tips as haven't done on the insignia before.

Thanks

Originally posted by fossman83 View Post
    Hi all, I'm replacing front pads and discs and was wondering if you re-use the carrier bolts?

Couldn't find any info anywhere.

Also any tips as haven't done on the insignia before.

Thanks
    Yes I've reused mine

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
      Yes I've reused mine
      Cheers mate

Comment

You could always apply some threadlock for peace of mind, I've reused them with no issues
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks I just added some to my order to collect later, will deff help with peace of mine.

Whats the bolt holding the disc to the hub, torx or hex?

Comment

Originally posted by fossman83 View Post
            Thanks I just added some to my order to collect later, will deff help with peace of mine.

Whats the bolt holding the disc to the hub, torx or hex?
            torx, dont use to much force taking this out, if it is stuck tap the torx driver with a hammer

and i reuse the carrier bolts too, they need a lot of torque to get them loose so you may need an extension on the end of your ratchet

give the hub and carrier a good clean with a wire brush

if the parts don't sit flush you may get vibrations when braking

Comment

+1 here for re-using the bolts.

Did my front discs recently and have had no issues.

Comment

Again have reused the bolts on a number of cars,a good clean and a small amount of threadlock used.
                Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

another one for re-using the same carrier bolts. Just a big long bar for them with the wheel turned out and you can get the required torque. Have done loads of brake upgrades over the years, i don't use threadlock though as applying enough torque does the job perfectly..

Comment

Working...
                  X