Help, low engine oil pressure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, low engine oil pressure.

I bought a car last Thursday today it has low engine oil. Pressure.
    The warranty days taken it to a garage to diagnose, one garage has said just refuse to accept it and send it back,as I'm opening up a can of worms with a 114k car showing that fault after me having driven it 15miles.

What's your thoughts?
    Is this such a major issue?

Many thanks

Sounds like the oil pump pick up seal. There's a good chance the engine could be shot. I'd take it back to the garage you bought it from.

Comment

As above, reject it, there's plenty others out there to buy
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Has anybody had long term issues after this.
        I've been. Told by one garage just to send it back, but I've already spent on it and I'm quessing I won't get that back. Can it be reopaired and trusted?

Comment

Originally posted by Itsnotanestate View Post
          I've been. Told by one garage just to send it back, but I've already spent on it and I'm quessing I won't get that back. Can it be reopaired and trusted?
          You can get the seal replaced for a few hundred pounds and it will cure the low oil pressure, but I'm afraid there's a good chance that the engine has already been damaged. You could be looking at a replacement engine or complete bottom end rebuild within 6-12 months.

Comment

Originally posted by sparky Paul View Post
            You can get the seal replaced for a few hundred pounds and it will cure the low oil pressure, but I'm afraid there's a good chance that the engine has already been damaged. You could be looking at a replacement engine or complete bottom end rebuild within 6-12 months.
            I agree, i would reject it

Comment

Originally posted by Itsnotanestate View Post
              If its the low oil pressure warning after startup then more than likely its the pick up seal.
              If the car has been driven after this warning first appeared (and I assume you dont know that) then there will be damage done to bearings.
              The message will appear for a split second the first time. If this has been ignored then damage occurs. If the light stays on for more than half a second I'd get rid straight away.
              Dont take a chance, I'd get rid, back to where it came. You have no idea what damage is already done.

Comment

Cheers guys.
                It was taken to the main dealer, the only garage locally who could look at it within a week.
                It was authorised by the warranty company to do the diagnostics.
                It cam back as low pressure win the engine case, further diagnostics would be needed to a certain the full cause.
                Its been a **** couple of days. But the warranty company have refused to pay the initial diagnostic. I'm now another £99 down.
                They didn't view it as a sudden and immediate problem and wouldn't cover it. Initially the garage refused to take it back, but it's now gone and I have a refund.
                I've taken legal advice and I've notified the garage that I'm looking to recoup the consequential losses that I've incurred.
                Just wait and see now.

Thanks guys

Comment

I'm going to looks at some others.
                  Some are private sales. Is there anyway of telling whether vehicles have shown this fault before?
                  If I go private I'll have no comeback which worries me a little.

Comment

If you've only done 15 miles when the fault occurred the I'd be thinking you have a good chance of comeback under trading standards. If you buy private then beware and extra cautious.

Comment

Working...
                    X