CarPlay Cuts Out Radio During Speed Camera Alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarPlay Cuts Out Radio During Speed Camera Alerts

Something odds happening and I wondered if anyone else might have found an answer to this.

I'm currently using Apple Maps via CarPlay from an iPhone.

If I have the radio on, the announcements from Apple Maps dip the volume and then raise it at the end of the announcement.

The only problem with Apple Maps is it doesn't have speed camera alerts. So I also have the TomTom Go app open on the same iPhone with no destination set.

Everything starts out fine, radio's playing, Apple Maps announcements dip the volume and raise it, but when TomTom plays a speed camera alert, I can hear it across the car speakers, but the radio volume doesn't dip back up again at the end - In fact what seems to happen is TomTom speed camera announcement makes the audio source switch to iTunes on the iPhone!

Before anyone suggests using Waze or anything else, been there, done that. I've used TomTom iPhone Apps for the past 10 years and they've proven to be the most reliable. However currently, it doesn't work with CarPlay. Apple Maps does and since there early "issues" they've done a deal with TomTom who provide Apple with their mapping and traffic information.

Anyone else having this issue?
Working...
X