Powerlift tailgate retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerlift tailgate retrofit

Hi guys, has anyone on here retrofitted a powerlift on a facelift Insignia? I’ve done a search on here and can’t find much about it.

Originally posted by Cavaddict View Post
    Hi guys, has anyone on here retrofitted a powerlift on a facelift Insignia? I’ve done a search on here and can’t find much about it.
    You can't on hatchback 100% and I'm certain it will need programming in the bcm which means only VX can do it.

Sucks as I really wanted it too :-(

Comment

Mines a tourer. I’ve read that the later Vauxhall’s have custom looms made to suit the car at time of manufacture so I’m guessing the wiring won’t be there. Hmmmph.

Comment

It's not impossible just depends on how much money you want to spend.

Comment

Well I’ve already got the ram, pump & ecu but I’d rather not throw a shed load of dosh at it. Guessing the expensive part will be involving a Vauxhall main dealer.

Comment

Well I’ve already got the ram, pump & ecu but I’d rather not throw a shed load of dosh at it. Guessing the expensive part will be involving a Vauxhall main dealer.
            Find a friendly person at VX who knows what they are doing.

Bcm programming is quite difficult. Because they have to request a vci code to program the power tail gate in and more than likely will get declined.

There's a few different options/routes you can take.

Try get VX to program you a 2nd hand bcm with a cars vin number which has all the options you have plus powertail gate. Then change the vin to your car.

Otherwise you can look in breakers for cars with powertail gate, take their wiring and switches. Take their bcm (again only if they have the same options)

Use an eeprom programmer to copy your vin on said bcm.

Rules and regulations have been changed for independant programmers. VX/Opel have taken their rights away for programming anything that involves car pass.

They have also increased how much they charge independant programmers per configuration/program.

So most things now run through Mr dealer.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Sounds like it’s going to be a nightmare so I may end up leaving it. Thanks for the info though.

Comment

Power tail gates are good when they are working properly

Comment

Sounds like it’s going to be a nightmare so I may end up leaving it. Thanks for the info though.
                  I wouldn't say kill the project just be patient.

Comment

Working...
                  X