2.0 ecoflex 2014 rather slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
    I myself came from a Passat. That originally was 140 bhp and then I had it remapped to around 185. When remapped I could certainly feel the difference. I feel the insignia suffers alot from turbo lag in which my Passat didn't.

Though my Passat remapped did 0 to 60 in 8.5 seconds
    Did you find much difference in fuel economy? I have been told it can actually get better after remap.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
      Did you find much difference in fuel economy? I have been told it can actually get better after remap.
      They say that due to the increased torque you can sit at a higher gear than you would normally equalling better MPG.

Though for the most part the car is injecting more fuel than normal and generally if your remapping your car your doing it for the extra power so generally I would expect a few less mpg than normal.

The MPG computer doesnt take into account the remap but from pump to pump there was a slight drop in mpg but nothing that I would be concerned about (about 2 mpg)

Was worth it in the Passat though I'm unsure how my ecoflex 2.0 would feel with a remap and I'm questioning if it would be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
        They say that due to the increased torque you can sit at a higher gear than you would normally equalling better MPG.

Though for the most part the car is injecting more fuel than normal and generally if your remapping your car your doing it for the extra power so generally I would expect a few less mpg than normal.

The MPG computer doesnt take into account the remap but from pump to pump there was a slight drop in mpg but nothing that I would be concerned about (about 2 mpg)

Was worth it in the Passat though I'm unsure how my ecoflex 2.0 would feel with a remap and I'm questioning if it would be worth it.
        My take on it all is;

A remap or tuning box allows the engine to perform at a greater % than standard.
        So as an example if the standard engine is 79% efficient and is remapped or chipped that engine might now be 91% efficient. Thus meaning the engine can produce more power using the same amount of fuel. Look in the past some model cars all had the same engines, but varying performances mainly due to the "mapping" of the said engine.

Personal experience on a 2.0 HDi 406 LX was increased BHP, loads easier to drive around town (less gear changes), and on average 2 - 3 mpg extra. And that was driving the car exactly the same with and without the chip.

Don't know that much about remaps, but would assume they just allow the engine to run more efficiently and open up any available performance not done so by the manufacturer.

Again not being a car mechanic the only way a engine can produce more power is;

1. Run more efficiently.
        2. Input more fuel (including adding other fuels).
        3. Input more air.
        4. Mixture of all above.

Like anything mechanical, manufacturers do not seem to want things to run at their optimum, as in greatest efficiency, greatest performance, greatest reliability. They deliberately turn everything down and then lie about it all .

Early morning grumble done hahahhaa

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
        X