Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine Overheating (no heat from fans in cab)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Overheating (no heat from fans in cab)

Was driving in traffic jam yesterday and when I was accelerating from stand still the coolant needle would rise quickly then when I eased off the accelerator it would rise a bit more then cool down. Had a warning saying AC was turned off due to engine heat and then a overheating warning came up and the cars speed was limited.

I put the heating on in the car but it was just cold air coming out. When the coolant needle went from 130*c to normal, a blast of warm air came through the footwell vents. When the coolant temp eventually went back to normal after about 3 mins of driving at limited speed the interior fans started working properly kicking out hot air when set to max temperature.

Will this be linked to a sticky thermostat or something similar? If so how can this be fixed or will I need to take it to a garage.

Thanks in advance

Just looked at the coolant tank and there's **** all in it. #schoolboyerror

Comment

Is there a leak or has the over heating boiled it away? Hopefully it's just a pipe leaking and an easy fix.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Faulty coolant temp sensor ?
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I'll just have to keep an eye on it. Driving to Portsmouth tomorrow so I'll check the level at the beginning and the end of the drive

Comment

EGR cooler leak I suspect
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Or the highly unreliable Vauxhall waterpump. Chuff Chuff.

Comment

She's 4 years old with just over 111000 miles on the clock. Not had and real problems with her. Hopefully the coolant stays in her.

Comment

I noticed a wet patch on the drive way when I just pulled away.. my tank has gone down by about 4cm so topped it back up. Where are the common leaks for coolant

Thanks

Comment

egr cooler housing,the plastic housing gets hairline cracks in it
                    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
                    X