checking mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• checking mileage

Ok might be in wrong section but don't know which it should be in, What i want to know is is there any other ecu's apart from dash cluster in the insignia that stores the vehicle mileage. also opinion on this Please:- I put my reg into search bar and it came up with this (see link below) now the date,and place of reg are correct but its saying milage of 36932 now when i purchased the car in feb 2018 it was showing 26000!. Car is the same car as in the photo being imported by one of UK's largest dealers,
    link

Has someone mixed up, or converted, miles and kilometres?
    37000 km = 23000 miles

I once went to view a car and everything was in km - dash display, service book etc.

Comment

The mileage is 'estimated' based on what I dont know, but the mileage would tally based on the mileage at the last service at 24 months months say its 24,000, (12,000 per year) add another 6 months including the time its laid up = 26,000. The estimated mileage would be based on the mileage at year 2 (24,000) add a year = 36,000. It doesnt take account of the time parked up. Thats my maths on it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
        Has someone mixed up, or converted, miles and kilometres?
        37000 km = 23000 miles

I once went to view a car and everything was in km - dash display, service book etc.
        posable I guess as I dont know at what point in time the Cazana data was produced.

Comment

It's possible that Vauxhall have mileage figures for the years while it was under warranty, noted at the time of servicing, probably up to 3yrs but maybe longer if it had the 10y/100k 'lifetime' warranty.
          Try contacting Vauxhall.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
            The mileage is 'estimated' based on what I dont know, but the mileage would tally based on the mileage at the last service at 24 months months say its 24,000, (12,000 per year) add another 6 months including the time its laid up = 26,000. The estimated mileage would be based on the mileage at year 2 (24,000) add a year = 36,000. It doesnt take account of the time parked up. Thats my maths on it.
            What confuses me is why would they say "At an estimated 34,932 miles, this car has done a higher than average number of miles for its age".
            Car was 2 1/2 year old when i purchased it, Ive sent email to Cazana hoping they can shed some light on it.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
              What confuses me is why would they say "At an estimated 34,932 miles, this car has done a higher than average number of miles for its age".
              Car was 2 1/2 year old when i purchased it, Ive sent email to Cazana hoping they can shed some light on it.
              Average mileage of UK car is 7.900 according to BBC? This is why its 'higher' than average? Therefore 20k would be 'average' for your car? Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                Average mileage of UK car is 7.900 according to BBC? This is why its 'higher' than average? Therefore 20k would be 'average' for your car? Who knows.
                but my concern is why is it saying its got 36932 when in actual fact the speedo says its just today got to 30000, could it have been clocked?

Comment

That website is assuming it continued doing the mileage it was doing before the information stream stopped or it was put up for sale. Its predicting the mileage based on past usage which is not a exact science.

Comment

Firstly, read the t&c.....

Our liability - The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy.

Secondly, the algorithm is easy to reverse engineer.....

Mileage at last event ie sale (26k) / months since registration (26) = average miles per month (1000)
                    Period from first registration to now (36) x average miles per month (1000) = estimated mileage (36k)

It's just an assumption that your driving it the same as previous owner which is reasonable but clearly way off for you.

My current siggy averaged 900 miles per month pre purchase. I'm now doing close to 1500 miles per month. Oddly, the website mileage estimate is only off by 58 miles

Comment

Working...
                    X