It's an age thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's an age thing

Spent ages cleaning my motor especially the windscreen, got it shining, could comb my hair in it, (the car that is) Stood back to admire my work and ------- the wheels the wheels I hadn't cleaned the blasted wheels, they were still as black as the ace of spades .
    Must be my age, how did I not clean them Gave them an extra polish so they didn't feel left out.
    Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

I dont understand why people want Black wheels at all in fact lets have the old chrome hubs cap back, them days we would take them all off to give them good polish with last job after cleaning car being knocking them back on.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
      I dont understand why people want Black wheels at all in fact lets have the old chrome hubs cap back, them days we would take them all off to give them good polish with last job after cleaning car being knocking them back on.
      Agree, don't like black wheel but mine are silver, they stand out against the car aurum green colour.
      Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

People want black wheels because they like black wheels. People want silver wheels because they like silver wheels. More recently people want diamond cut because they like diamond cut. It would be pretty boring if we all had the same taste. Diversity is a wonderful thing!
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
          People want black wheels because they like black wheels. People want silver wheels because they like silver wheels. More recently people want diamond cut because they like diamond cut. It would be pretty boring if we all had the same taste. Diversity is a wonderful thing!
          Would be a tired woman if we all liked the same thing!!!!!

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
            Agree, don't like black wheel but mine are silver, they stand out against the car aurum green colour.
            sounds like we have a pair as mine is same colour and spec, not a colour i have seen very often in insignia, What is the colour of your seats?

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
              Would be a tired woman if we all liked the same thing!!!!!
              Would be like driving car with 300,000 mile on clock one would have to accept a few creaks and GROANs. Also that's where blacked out windows come into there own as one would not want the neighbours to see who you bring home.

Comment

Would be like driving car with 300,000 mile on clock one would have to accept a few creaks and GROANs. Also that's where blacked out windows come into there own as one would not want the neighbours to see who you bring home.
                Unless it was your neighbour

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

sounds like we have a pair as mine is same colour and spec, not a colour i have seen very often in insignia, What is the colour of your seats?
                  Ha! It's an Elite, all black leather trim. Now that I like, still prefer silver wheels though. I know it's not the thing to do, but after my SE was written off, went to the stealers to have a look and this Elite ST caught my eye, couldn't decide whether it was gold or green, how you catch the light. Aurum Green-- liked Colour, thought then I would buy it, if everything else OK.
                  Apparently Aurum is Latin for Gold, I googled it later, thought it ment Autumn .

PS my aviator is still my old SE.
                  Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Ha! It's an Elite, all black leather trim. Now that I like, still prefer silver wheels though. I know it's not the thing to do, but after my SE was written off, went to the stealers to have a look and this Elite ST caught my eye, couldn't decide whether it was gold or green, how you catch the light. Aurum Green-- liked Colour, thought then I would buy it, if everything else OK.
                    Apparently Aurum is Latin for Gold, I googled it later, thought it ment Autumn .

PS my aviator is still my old SE.
                    Yep mine Elite also but with light beige leather interior, I was unsure about colour but its growing on me as don't see many around and it polishes up nice.

Comment

Must get a photo of mine on Forum. Came up brilliantly after I clayed it, comb my hair in it.
                      Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Must get a photo of mine on Forum. Came up brilliantly after I clayed it, comb my hair in it.
                        Cannot remember the last time I used a Comb It goes back to the days I had Classic Merc 300SL, hair was blown everywhere so started the number 2 cut and its still rolls of the end of my tong every time I visit barbers.

Comment

Working...
                        X